Boots for the Garden

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know if there is such a thing but I am looking for boots to wear to clean out my coop and to garden in. The problem is the gardening since sometimes I need to use a shovel.

I'm looking for the following in a boot:

boot not a shoe (don't like water or dirt to get on my pants)
waterproof (I sometimes hose down my patio/walkways
sturdy sole that will take using a shovel
cute/good looking

I don't want to have to change shoes when I need to turn soil over or dig a hole. This is what I'm doing right now and it drives me crazy!

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Mary

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If you take "cute/good looking" off the list you'll have a more lot options. Just do a search on steel arch rubber boot. After all, they are meant to be work boots are they not? :)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardeners supply shows a rubber boot. I think they're a bit pricey but you can find a cheaper copy online. I do worry that they would be sweaty to the feat.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
OldGuy...I like to look cute when I garden! :lol: Afterall, the chickens are looking at me! ;)

catjack..I've seen those and they are really cute but I worry that the sole will rip when I use the shovel on them.

Mary

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
OldGuy...I like to look cute when I garden! :lol: Afterall, the chickens are looking at me! ;)

catjack..I've seen those and they are really cute but I worry that the sole will rip when I use the shovel on them.

Mary
You could always paint them and put flower stickers on them. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
OldGuy, you are too funny! I do have tons of stickers.

I am getting very frustrated doing a search for "steel arch rubber boots". Everything is for men! I've even added the word "womens" and it doesn't seem to help! :barnie

I hope I'm not stuck getting cute rain boots for cleaning the coop and using my old tennis shoes when I need to use the shovel! :barnie

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, this makes me laugh because i ALWAYS find myself out in the garden for "just a minute" in my flipflops, then all the sudden i'm shoveling and saying to myself "YOU'RE GOING TO CHOP YOUR DANG TOES OFF!"

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh NwMtGardener, this is too funny. My cheap rainboots that I was using to clean the coop finally tore in more than 2 places and I had to chuck them. I've been using my flip flops with socks because it's too cold! :lol: I've even been using them with the shovel very carefully till my husband caught me! Now he makes be use my old tennis and I hate to take my flip flops off and then have to tie the darn things on! :lol:

Talk about being "cute", NOT! :cool:

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was going to suggest you paint designs on them. Mod flowers and paisly would be easy to do. Have you tried mens boots? You may have togo that way. :( IF you wear a womens 10 it would be a mens 8. Good Luck.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would think the boots would hold up as that's what they're sold for. I get good athletic sneakers when they are on sale. I save the new clean ones for out of gardening wear and use the next in line dirty ones for the garden and the coop. I must say I do get dirt in them, I just change my socks a lot during the day. Works for me.

Latest posts