Boots for the Garden

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. Sweetmissdaisy, I went with your suggestion and got red croc boots. Zappos didn't have them but I found them at shoebuy.com. Free shipping both ways and they had a promo so I got $10 off of them! I was sooooo happy. Ordered them on Sunday night, shipped on Monday, and I got them Wednesday! Superfast! and they fit and look perfect! Wish you guys could see them. :lol:

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, all the cheaper stores carried fake crocs. I think the Dollar Store had them for about $5 or $6. Ugly, with bright colors. I wasn't interested in them then, but now that I have need for some due to keeping chickens, and having a garden, they are nowhere to be found! All I can find are flip-flops, and I can't bear to walk in flip-flops. :( Can't really afford to buy an expensive pair just for garden/coop work, so I guess I'll just make do with what I have.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still see the fake ones around, now and then. Don't give up! At holiday time they had BOGO on crocs- brought the price down enough to be bearable... I wear my fur lined ones everyday- it isn't like I don't get my moneys worth! Ninny, if you would break down and learn to post a pic- we could see your new red boots!!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky, I got my croc boots for $40. They seem well made and come up to mid calf. They have good size holes on the size which make it easy to put on.

lesa, I knew someone would mention my lack of computer skills when it comes to posting pictures! :lol: I hope to later on this spring, take pictures and beg one of my parents to show me how to post. It seems they are all very computer literate.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sweetmissdaisy, congradulations on your award. Because of your hot weather, the shorter boot may work out better. Me, I'm always spilling dirt on the inside of my shoes or getting my socks wet. It's always cool here, so the taller boot doesn't bother me.

Mary

Latest posts