Bought a Blender

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who needs a crust? I make a crust-less quiche almost every Saturday (uses up the eggs that didn't sell Friday). I think it's actually got some other name but it's just beaten eggs, cheese, whatever leftover meat is handy, a box of frozen spinach (cause mine is still just sprouts), and whatever other leftover veggies are handy (chopped fine). Pour it into a glass pie pan and bake till it stops jiggeling in the middle.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, hay! Guess the spare teeth idea doesn't sound so bad now, does it?
OK, DigitS', we can try to be civilized again.........What were you saying about flan?:D

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
you never know what you'll read on this site. marshall, your veterans bus sounds simply amazing. i wish some of those conversations could be written for those of us non vets to read.
i hope your dental issues resolve well and quickly

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Omelettes! Quiche! Flan! Boy am I hungry!

I have been trying so hard to be good for it seems like forever ( over a month actually ) and not eating like a lumberjack, but today I've had cravings for everything. Mostly chocolate now that you mention it Steve.... Even blenderized veggies are sounding pretty appealing right now as I watch the clock for dinner fixin' time.

Cane, that recipe sounds super good! I think I'll do a version of that for Sunday dinner.

Hey Marshall, I hope you're not in too much pain to make yourself something with that new blender...then go lie down and rest.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a crustless quiche is called a frittata. I do them both ways, but cheat even more...buy my crust! I just keep one boughten crust in the fridge (and one backup in the freezer) at all times, for the quick throw-together dinner, fabulous for leftovers.

Marshall, best of luck with the teeth! I think you would like roasted root veggies pureed into a creamy stock soup. Also, if you've just got a nice clear broth, toss in some noodles, they should be gentle enough on sensitive gums.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was quite the trip.

Conversations on the bus rides were not political at all this time. Mainly about hearing aids and the cost of dentures, aches and pains, and oh yes, that guy who got on to get to eureka which is north while the bus was going south, and the driver told him but he got on anyway. we could not figure out what was up with that and he snoozed in the back. I guess sometimes there is someone who just wants to go somewhere even if it's the wrong way...

Beautiful place san francisco. I saw tucked between 2 of those victorian houses a very large brugmansia trumpet flower, pale yellow, loaded with blooms, growing outside.

See, some places in san francisco are zone 10, almost never get frost. Most places there are zone 9.

I do know that in the city there are MANY MANY gardens most will never see. it's the way buildings are built for houses there. they jammed them next to each other, and then the blocks have this middle section of either separate back yards or one common back yard, or chunked up, divided up who knows how. Mostly only the folks who live in that block ever see the gardens behind them.

ok, gonna do the day, up and at 'em, but kinda easy...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
It was quite the trip.

Conversations on the bus rides were not political at all this time. Mainly about hearing aids and the cost of dentures, aches and pains, and oh yes, that guy who got on to get to eureka which is north while the bus was going south ...
One of these days . . . I am going to post something about deafness and what that means.

I don't have to go aaallll the way south to Eureka to get back to where hearing had become an obvious problem for me. Or, is it that Eureka is north . . ?

Steve
edited to Say What?

seedcrazy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well Marshall here in Kentucky we too have a dental clinic you can get teeth for like $350 (or was that price several years ago) and my friend said they were the best set of teeth he had ever had. Mom had throat surgery and I learned to puree about everything for her. Her favorite was the white chicken chili (guess those beans stuck to her bones LOL) but I remember after dad has his pulled "soakies" was his favorite. Leftover cornbread with milk over it (sometimes he'd drop small spoons of PB in it too cause we ALL loved peanut butter. LOL). Hey on that quiche, you don't have to have a pie crust (I'm on a weight loss kick) so I use a flour tortilla, you'd think it would get soggie but it doesn't.

seedcrazy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Forgot to say I got a chuckle out of this thread (a woman to chew for you EWWWW) LOL but Canesisters you are so kind to do that for your horse, God love its heart.

Latest posts