Bought a Blender

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow!!!

Some really great stuff here.

Digit's creamed soups, me like regular milk and half n half and ice cream. I can see myself making creamed soups. Oh, I like that almond milk too, soy milk's ok.

Smoothies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nyummmmmmm nyummmz! I can visualize in a few years my assorted berry patch being a major smoothie source.

I may get an ice cream maker too! within a year.

Already concocting smoothie shake recipes in my brain!

Oh, and 300 dollar dentures, now that's more like it! I will definitely be getting serious looking up for that.

I'm a veteran, so i get free tooth pullings. They have people who's sole purpose in life is pulling teeth at the VA place in San Francisco!

Thank you everyone!

Barring unforeseen circumstances, when I come on tomorrow early morning, it'll be right before going down the mountain.

Then the shuttle bus to San Francisco with other ole time vets like me.

BTW, nobody wants peace more than ole time vets. Peace has not yet sunk into some of the younger ones, but even retired Marine Colonels, those who the eyes turn to in the bus when conversation becomes head scratching 2 issued, will with moist eyes, hold his hands out and ask if anyone else has held a handful of dog tags, and say that war is because nobody can think of anything better, and everything is better than war.

These shuttle rides are special. Because of the wide ranges of ages in them, 23 to 103, a wide range of history is in each shuttle bus. The youngster talking about Afghanistan to the frail old man who signed up right after Pearl Harbor, and everywhere in between...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, and Hoodat, your brother in law sounds like my mother's uncle Dan who used to "gum t bone steaks" without teeth or dentures. Here I am wondering if my 20 dollar blender will last 3 years while your osterizer has lasted since 1946!

Ohph, more tylenol!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
BTW, nobody wants peace more than ole time vets. Peace has not yet sunk into some of the younger ones, but even retired Marine Colonels, those who the eyes turn to in the bus when conversation becomes head scratching 2 issued, will with moist eyes, hold his hands out and ask if anyone else has held a handful of dog tags, and say that war is because nobody can think of anything better, and everything is better than war.
Marshall, the way I look at it war is an admission of ultimate failure. I know we have to defend outselves but resulting to brute force means we failed at every other thing. War is the last resort, not the first choice.

My test for whether we should go to war or not (and these things are war even if they are called a police action or something like that) is whether I'd want one of my boys to risk his life there. I know sometimes its necessary because of the world we live in, but I just can't understand anyone where war is their first choice. As the mad Irishman said in Braveheart, he wasn't right in the head.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smoothies are yummy. You can make strawberry daquiris with your blender too, if you were so inclined.
And if you can get some removeable choppers, you might find it really helps to make your food go so much farther. Why, if you take them out, I bet 1 good ear of corn on the cob could last you for a week! :gig

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
BTW, Marshall, I'd be happy to send you my dad's teeth, but I can tell by the shape of your face that they wouldn't fit. Besides, you may have a bit of an issue using a dead man's teeth. Personally, I think my dad would have gotten a kick out of it. :lol:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry Marshal , right now I have bone grafts healing so I can get implants I made the mistake of asking right after what the grafts where made of ! Dead mans teeth would have been better!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh boy . . !

I was hoping for a little Political Correctness on this thread. I know Marshall started out telling us that he was looking for a good-looking woman to chew his food for him but that's just a mark of civilized man.

Blender . . . blender . . . what more can I say about blenders . . ?

Sauces!!! Yes! I couldn't find frozen rhubarb in the soopermarkets this winter! No, I checked in multiple ones! So, I couldn't try that recipe for barbeque sauce. Now, my own rhubarb is ankle-high but I steadily losing free-time for experimenting. Still, I can't get DW to chew that rhubarb for me before I try to make it into sauce.

Imma really looking forward to "pulverizing" those rhubarb stalks in a blender and cooking the whole thing down to a lovely sauce (sauces). There are few approaches (and 5 rhubarb plants) so you can be sure DW won't be on the chewing end of things.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Of course, any discussion of the diet of civilized man should include information on quiche.

Mom told me that I should be able to make an omelet. That, any man should be able to make an omelet!

Gwyneth Paltrow: Why didn't you tell me that?
Robert Downey Jr: I was going to make you an omelet and tell you.
Scarlett Johansson : Hey, hey. Save it for the honeymoon. You got incoming!

Anyway, I tried to do her one better and learn to make a quiche. Of course, that's not much more than an omelet in a crust. However, I can't make a crust. DW makes the crust . . . :rolleyes:

Anywho! There are all these veggies that can go in a quiche. You can even just drop the eggs in the blender after you've got the veggies pulverized - pour that mixture into the crust, pop it in the oven and civilized! It couldn't be easier . . . as long as you have someone to make the crust.

Now, I understand that there is something called a "flan." This is getting dangerously close to pure sugar desserts but I needn't bring up the word "chocolate" as long as everyone behaves. So . . . there are all these berry flans! Yeah, quiche and flan. I feel so light . . . could be the drugs that they've given Marshall this morning. Poor guy :/.

Steve

Latest posts