Bread machine users?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kim_NC said:
Thank you so much, Greenthumb! I LOVE to make No Knead breads. I'll definitely give this one a try. :hugs
Your very welcome! Anytime
Yep this is a no knead recipe, which is a plus for some people. I actually like to knead bread it helps to relieve the tension, if you've had a hard day:lol: . I'm going to make this olive bread on Wednesday, I'll let you know how it came out.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Wow greenthumb, that sounds so tasty! I was actually drooling while I read your recipe! :gig :drool
Yep, imagine how much tastier it will be when you've made it yourself, fresh & homemade :lol: . Try it I bet you'll be glad you did.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
thistlebloom said:
Wow greenthumb, that sounds so tasty! I was actually drooling while I read your recipe! :gig :drool
Yep, imagine how much tastier it will be when you've made it yourself, fresh & homemade :lol: . Try it I bet you'll be glad you did.
Do you use the brined Kalamata olives or the ones in vinagarette?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Do you use the brined Kalamata olives or the ones in vinagarette?
Yes, I use the kalamata olives that are in brine. They have a nice saltiness that's good in the bread.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
Kim_NC said:
Thank you so much, Greenthumb! I LOVE to make No Knead breads. I'll definitely give this one a try. :hugs
Your very welcome! Anytime
Yep this is a no knead recipe, which is a plus for some people. I actually like to knead bread it helps to relieve the tension, if you've had a hard day:lol: . I'm going to make this olive bread on Wednesday, I'll let you know how it came out.
I made it today....delicious!

olive_bread.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kim,
Looks good!!;) :drool Did you use green olives in your bread too?, haven't tried it with green olives before, wonder if it gives the bread a different flavor. I'll have to post mine up.

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, I used some green olives. I didn't have enough kalamata, so subbed about 1/2 cup of green olives that were stuffed with pimentos.

Also, I added 1/2 tsp oregano.

kinjinnm

Sprout
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
Dont preheat the lid in the oven. Just the pot itself.
Why not preheat the lid? Wouldn't a hot lid start baking from the top to make the loaf evenly baked? :idunno

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
kinjinnm said:
Greenthumb18 said:
Dont preheat the lid in the oven. Just the pot itself.
Why not preheat the lid? Wouldn't a hot lid start baking from the top to make the loaf evenly baked? :idunno
Most of the Artisan bread recipes I use say to heat the pot, but don't mention the lid. I usually just put the cold lid on when setting the loaf into the preheated pot. Also for most of them, you bake them about 20-25 min with the lid, then remove the lid to finish browning for another 10 or more minutes.

I've tried it both ways - preheated lid and cold lid - and not seen a difference.

I have found (accidently) that leaving a lid off at the beginning of the baking time reduces the oven spring in the Artisan loaves.

Latest posts