Bread maker

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Appreciate all the replies. Me, give up? Way too bull headed for that. Plus I love fresh bread........ Yes on salt. Mix it with flour/sugar and make well to place yeast.

Bread is soft, but much denser than bought bread. I just think it should rise more. Not sure machine warms it well enough (or at all) during rise. I just knew bread yeast was answer-helped just not THE answer.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tried again today. Little more liquid, let rise another hour in loaf pans, then baked in oven. Oh, so much better. No comparison.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tried again today. Little more liquid, let rise another hour in loaf pans, then baked in oven. Oh, so much better. No comparison.
Yea!!!:weeeI'm sooo glad you will finally get good fresh homemade bread!

seedcorn, did it take that long to rise and double in size? Mine usually takes around 30 minutes.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bread machines being what they are, I so much prefer letting the machine do all the work and then take it out for a final rise and oven cooking. I'm glad your bread turned out. You and your family will be wanting to more!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea!!!:weeeI'm sooo glad you will finally get good fresh homemade bread!

seedcorn, did it take that long to rise and double in size? Mine usually takes around 30 minutes.

Mary
Don't really know as I let it rise for an hour after takng it out of machine. One site said longer I let it rise, better the flavor.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got a bread machine for Christmas. I love it. I haven't made a bread in a while I'm thinking maybe some thing for dinner that would be good with home made bread.

Latest posts