Break In and robbery

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about this Nyboy. :( What a sad world this is.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's so awful NYboy. :hugs

Many years ago my truck got stolen out of a parking lot by a car theft ring. The cops found it within a few days and it had already been partially stripped.

To this day my heart races when I don't see my truck where I think I've parked it. It's such a feeling of anger at the thief who not only took something material but also disrupts your life and forever changes your feeling of safety.

I hope they solve this for you and you get some closure.
Maybe you should carry pepper spray or something now to protect yourself just in case.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this, NYboy. How many people work for you? Getting some security cameras is a good idea, but I think maybe one of them needs to be hidden.
The idea of it being an "inside job" is more troubling to me than thinking it is just a random crime. Now your trust for your employees is broken.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry to say, I know the sick feeling too. My business has been broken into on a couple occasions in the past 30 years. You will come back to feeling like "yourself" again- but it will take awhile. Since your office is inside, I would recommend cameras. Hope they figure out who did it. Hang in there!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( So many break-ins anymore and most are drug related, where they need cash for their fix. I'm glad they didn't mess with the dogs at least. Do they have a suspect yet?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys I have to call detective today. When police said inside job they ment more then enployees. they ment someone who knew my setup clients, delievery people, handymen, even old relationships. Thistle always great idea I never thought pepper spray. I did look into a handgun premit. A nother bad night living alone in a old house every creak and groan now has new meaning. Did get a trail cam last night.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Time to change your habits. If everyone knows what you do, how you do it and where you put things, time to change it up. We are such creatures of habit, we cling to our habits, they are a comfort to us. I like the pepper spray idea, before you go inside, always make sure that it is in your pocket, if not in your hand.

Surveillance systems used to go to a recorder located on site. All a thief had to do was find and destroy it. Now they are monitored off site and thieves cannot access it. It would make you feel better, and you can access the system from your computer.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So sorry that happened Nyboy.

Pepper spray isn't a bad idea especially if you want a "quick" fix. No waiting time, on it, and no background check. You buy it and you can use it.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know if they sell bear spray (capsasin spray in jumbo form) in your neck of the woods, but you'll get a much longer spray and more distance than the little canisters for people. Of course the large size of the bear spray canister makes it less convenient to carry around, but maybe you would want to keep it in your office as a back up. It is VERY wicked if you accidentally spray it on yourself though. Its so prevalent around here that i've been in several public places where some was discharged...once in a bar and at a gathering for viewing stars outdoors...both times the tiny amounts sent people RUNNING to get away.

Latest posts