Break In and robbery

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I just know from your description that if I were to break into Rocky's home, I'd first make sure he was busy at the gym and of course he's at the gym much of the time. Not that I'd ever think of such doing a thing. Or that I'd mention my plans on the internet. Or that I'd post my photo where anyone who sees it can identify me.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, a neighbor in my last neighborhood had her house broken into while she was the firing range practicing. came home and parked her car in the garage, went through the breezeway to the kitchen and realized the glass was broken. she ran back to her car and got her gun from it's case, proceeded to call the police and informed them she was entering her house with her gun. police showed up quickly enough! but no robber found and i don't know what they took.

i just had a disturbing incidence here. some guy seems to be scoping out my neighborhood with another in a car. guy came up to the door saying he was from a non-profit group but didn't say the group's name. asked if we were #11 (we're #5 and only the 2nd house on our side of the street.) i tell him they're a few more houses down. he proceeds to walk diagonal to one of my oldest neighbors on the street at #8 with the car just in front of my neighbor's property that is beside our house. i notice the pattern of stopping at nearly every house except as i get back from closing up my coop they are parked/stopped down at what should be either #15 or #17. odd....that's a house i know a volunteer firefighter lives at but the house is a duplex/mother in law setup and seems one side doesn't have anyone living in it. i worry since a lot of my neighbors are elderly but still smart enough to ask questions of suspicious people. i called the police just in case but it still doesn't put me much at ease. they are going to send a cruiser around the neighborhood to watch for anything out of the ordinary. i know there's one house for sale (says pending) so i'm being cautious.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
For suspicious people like that, let them see you writing down their license tag number. Also write down make, model and color, anything else descriptive that you can. Most of time if they see you doing this, they scram. Stupid ones stay and get caught.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bob hanks for the smile!! It made my morning. Red agree with you,none of my dogs Live in the kennel all are house pets. Seed I have a friend who enters body building contests all over the country, he is massive someone broke ino his house.

On second thought somebody that is experienced in the art of robbery wouldn't let themselves be intimidated by somebody like that. It was just a half-formed idea that I thought I'd share, and I was sort of thinking out load.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
And I was teasing, seedO.

Actually there is no way to protect yourself from a robbery if the crook is determined. The goal is to make the theft as difficult and the prize as valueless as possible after insuring that you and yours are safe.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a case here of a elderly woman everyone called grandmom disappeared. When her son who lived in another state asked the police to check on her, they found her murdered in the basement. Someone must have thought the house empty, and was stealing the copper pipes, she must of walked in on them.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm glad no animals were harmed, and so sorry you had to go through this. I hope you can come up with a solution for safety, and that the criminal is found! {hugs}

Latest posts