Bummed Out

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am feeling really low and just need to vent. After months of physical therapy on my shoulder, I've finally had an MRI. Preliminary results are that I have 3 tears. One on my labrum and 2 on my rotator cuff. It looks like I may need surgery. I have an appointment next Friday with the orthopedist to see what he thinks.

I just wanted to share with my friends here. :(

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, it doesn't hurt very much. I'm taking an anti-inflamatory which helps some. I have been working around it. I know what I can do and what I need to stay away from. I've been training for the Crossfit Open for next year but with limited shoulder work. I can still go to the gym 4-5 tmes a week. I also roll out my shoulder every day which helps.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you need the surgery maybe winter is the best time to recover. Won't miss any garden time. My husband ha2 knee replacements in 4 months last year. It is a miracle-he's like he was 20 years ago. I wish he had it done sooner. Not that bad of a recovery. That's from his mouth!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, if I do need surgery I actually would like it right before Christmas. I'm closed the week between Christmas and New Years. But I don't know if insurance can move that fast. The surgeon has operated on my husband's torn bicep and did a wonderful job. He also did the surgery for a friend of mine at the gym. We just changed plans effective Jan.1 so I'm sure I wouldn't get this doctor. I loved our plan but hated the referall authorization process. I'm just mad that I spent 5 months in physical therapy when they should have done an MRI from the start! But no, my doctor wanted me to do physical therapy first. It didn't work so they send me to more pt. :barnie

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, you may soon be on a speedy road to recovery. These people don't always recommend surgery. When they do, it's for good reason.

An orthopedic surgeon once told me not to have surgery.

My neighbor had shoulder surgery a couple of years ago. Other than wearing a sling most of the time, she was able to do most everything, including grandchildren care, without any apparent problems. I arranged to have her lawn mowed and trimmed through that summer. She was right back to those tasks the next season.

Steve
who has enjoyed physical therapy, not that anything was "fixed"

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this, Mary....Let's hope Steve is right and the surgeon will have a different idea. My Dh is having lots of shoulder pain- I am afraid he will be in the same situation. Good luck!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, we are like cars. Parts wear out and have to be fixed. So what kind of car are you? I figure I must be an old pick-up truck. :lol:

Latest posts