California Drought-Better Double Your Garden Size!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, as a matter of fact there are more than two months of glorious weather, but some things should just continue to be a mystery to all y'all.
And I'm equally glad that there are people that love Indiana....and Texas...
and 47 other states! :D
Wish there were a few less people that liked Indiana. House every mile or worse, bunches of houses. Our country is turning into one large subdivision!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shhhhh.........I love where I live--wish everybody would stop moving HERE!! :he Funny how no matter what the drawbacks climate wise, we all seem to be entrenched in our particular areas and want to keep it to ourselves. Not gonna happen, population growing and people gotta go somewhere. :idunno

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Shhhhh.........I love where I live--wish everybody would stop moving HERE!! :he Funny how no matter what the drawbacks climate wise, we all seem to be entrenched in our particular areas and want to keep it to ourselves. Not gonna happen, population growing and people gotta go somewhere. :idunno

There are a lot of Ohioans that I've seen move to Texas in the past year or so, all went for economic opportunity. If any more Buckeyes move down there we could have this great white north all to ourselves. At least Texas is getting the job-seeking people and not the lazy couch potatoes that live on gov welfare just because they can.

I of course love were I live, my job is to try to make it better. Half of these houses need to be demolished and bare land and cornfields need to be planted with trees (a lot of American Chestnuts if possible), measures need to be taken to ensure that our watersheds stay healthy, and...

Let's face it - with a growing population, all of the litter bugs, and endless factory farming out there and all that none of this is going to happen anytime soon. Even if this state is cleaned up some of the problems are just going to be pushed somewhere else or covered up. :idunno

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew "year round" . .

. during the first years of my life . .

. living in California :).

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I love California. I can grow year round. :plbb

Mary
Oh sure, just what I want to see. More people posting their garden pix while I'm under snow! First the southerners and now Californians (is that a word?). :barnie

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh Californians is definitely a word. A swear word in Montana.
:lol:

(sorry Mary and Hoodat and Marshall and Bob and any other californian members...I didnt mean YOU GUYS of course ;) )

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I lived in Cal. and still own our ranch there ... too hot in the summer, too foggy and very little rainfall in the winter, too much smog year round. Now we also live in Washington. Dual residency ... :p

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm, it's cold here in the summer! Yes, it's a little foggy but that's only in the morning and usually by 10:00am it burns off. I always say it would be nice if it was 10* warmer. I like it in the high 70's instead of 67*. :) (I wish I knew how to do the degree sign like digits.)

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I can't do it with the tablet. **·***`¿

;) The tablet doesn't have an ALT key.

Hold down your ALT key, and while it is down, type 248. Now, take your finger off ALT. I think that's right.

digitS'

Latest posts