Can't Cook for Beans!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dry green beans and green kale? Yeah, that sounds like fun.

St. Pat's day?!
How about this one: Entrapment???
coffeespit.gif

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually don't have Canellini, but I have Flageolet, Senate Soup, abd Harvey's Haricot Tendrais.

I might try the Flageolet gourmet french dry beans. They are light green when fully dry. Productive too.

See? Told ya it was entrapment, heh heh, I know how ya work! :lol:

The little giggle face is gone...

ohp, the abyssinian and the british shorthair are having a tail slashing contest. that means there's gonna be some more wrassling...
Flageolet beans?? That sounds painful, somehow!o_O

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Christmas here is ROAST BEAST. Along with the standing rib roast we will have garden potatoes and acorn squash, along with carrot/garlic/shallot/beast gravy. Gypsy will make an apple pie.

Last night, while the rain coated the trees and roads, Gypsy (and I) made Gingerbread cookies and in her words, "lots of memories".

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Flageolet beans?? That sounds painful, somehow!o_O
=====

I know! They definitely need a better name.

Flageolet sounds like a make of car, and it sounds like it got windy and noisy!

(Did I say that right?)

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was going to do unconventional - but at the groc store I snagged a fresh (never frozen/organic) turkey for $16. was supposed to be $38. & somebody goofed. the meat guy handed it to me & said "Merry Christmas". that's not vegetable - but I wanted to share my good fortune. for vegetable, I'm trying a recipe a lady at the goc store today told me about. she was picking up baby patty pan squash. I asked her how she was going to cook them. she gave me a rough run down & I'm going to try it. sounded good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've decided to go with a variant "Irish Stew" recipe for my casserole.

What do you use for Umami Flavor?? (link)

Since my plan is to cook the onions & celery in bacon, that should cover it but I'm very tempted to include dry Shiitake mushrooms. They are so very flavorful! That's appreciated, however, I don't always want to eat 'em in my noodles.

Might go with Parmesan instead but I want to taste the beans . . . .

("Umami" is a new word for me and I'm just trying it out ;).)

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've been suffering (1st world suffering, that is) with a crappy, falling apart cheap BBQ for years now. So this year hubby got a nice, shiny Weber BBQ - so for Christmas dinner we had to get something for on the grill! Even though it was like 10 degrees outside, hubby pulled it off! Grilled Ahi tuna and zucchini and green peppers on the grill. Rice for starch. It was delicious! And we ate it at our new dining room table :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hu

Will have to do some tweaking. Probably should have cooked the carrots (only thing going in uncooked).

Worcestershire was good choice instead of salt. Could have had several (many) shiitake mushrooms!

DigitS'

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
=====

I know! They definitely need a better name.

Flageolet sounds like a make of car, and it sounds like it got windy and noisy!

(Did I say that right?)

I like to call them "Green Flag" beans, it just sounds better to me, easier to spell too. Another bean that needs a new name are runner Canelinis (related to scarlet runner). I don't think the name really does them justice. (I spelled "Canelini" wrong, didn't I?)

Latest posts