CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our temps dropped to 40 last night ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ Do I need to cover tomatoes?

IMO if they didn't like it you'll know it within the next few days, but i don't worry too much unless they get into the mid 30s (which for our area could mean frost damage because we're in a lower spot than the weather forecast station).

even if they didn't particularly like the lower temperature it might still be early enough in the season that it won't make that much of a difference... i hope. :)

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
37 degrees wow, I would cover them if you can. I only say this is because I would be bringing tomatoes seedlings inside if I were hardening them off and if it gets less than 40 degrees.

I just got caught in a surprise downpour. The rain was cold, felt a lot like fall rain instead of summer rain. The rain lasted less than 5 minutes.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

donna13350

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Heads up...you might want to buy a new belt to have on hand...the one in the pic looks like it's on it's last leg.
I live in a rural area and usually have my spare parts ready to go...nothing irritates me more than having to make a trip to town when I could be doing so many other things here.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Heads up...you might want to buy a new belt to have on hand...the one in the pic looks like it's on it's last leg.
I live in a rural area and usually have my spare parts ready to go...nothing irritates me more than having to make a trip to town when I could be doing so many other things here.
Yep the belt is under 3 year warranty and it's supposed to be at the auto parts store tomorrow. It pays to keep receipts ๐Ÿ˜ it's a minimum 1 1/2 hours to town and back. I try and buy what I need by the project. They didn't have the replacement belt in stock when I was there to buy the water pump ๐Ÿ™„

I think this is our biggest beet pulled yesterday. Detroit dark red 27.76 ounces or about 1 3/4 lbs.
IMG_20230619_215744033.jpg

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yay fram truck is rockin' on the road again. With new water pump and new serpentine belt.
IMG_20230620_162541714~2.jpg

What's this? What once was a 3 year warranty, is now a lifetime warranty? I won't have to buy another new serpentine belt again. How crazy is that ๐Ÿ‘
IMG_20230620_151228985~2.jpg

"And my dear mother left me when I was quite young. When I was quite young. She said Lord have mercy.. on my wicked son"

I hope you had a great day๐Ÿ‘ The days in earth sure go by fast! Before you know it the day will draw to a close and it'll be another day gone, where do they go?

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well today I finished weed whacking the mother orchard cherry, peach and apple tree rows. So dry... Thinking I would need to water but Almighty sent rain from the east of all places ๐Ÿ™

Weed whack? Yep weed whacking. I have to stand up 13 foot of fence to encircle each fruit tree to discourage munching deer and bucks from rubbing. Well why don't you just use mulch you silly man, trix are for kids! Because moles/voles will find it and den under the mulch. They gerd the fruit tree roots and cause the tree to die ๐Ÿ‘Ž

I really hope you had a good day, I did but my wrist is a little sore from weed whacking. Yep that whacker, wacks alright including putting a whack job on my wrist. Probably will wait a day or so to do the mother orchard pear, apricot and plum rows.

The mother orchard is small in comparison to what I have planned for the production orchard. I need to figure out something better as far as weed suppression goes... I've been researching a little on real live orchards and how they manage their trees. Getting some good ideas ๐Ÿ˜ ofcourse all this takes time and as long as the Good Lord โค๏ธ doesn't call me home. I'll continue with my production orchard plans while still in earth ๐Ÿ‘

Look here at these pictures what a beautiful tree selling production nursery & orchard ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Last edited:

donna13350

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What's this? What once was a 3 year warranty, is now a lifetime warranty? I won't have to buy another new serpentine belt again. How crazy is that

usually warrantees diminish, not get better...congrats on that! Now if they'd make one for my mower...lol
your trees look really good...i know what you mean about the moles and voles..nasty little things. I had a yellow lab that killed them like crazy, but within 2 years of her death, they started coming back.
have you tried the newer weedeaters with batteries? they are a lot lighter...i can use mine for a long while without getting too sore...that old gas one killed me!

Latest posts