Changing Member Name

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like Digit's honest answer. It arrives with a friendly savor. I don't like flowerbug's questionable answer with an unreferenced affirmative and an allusion to an, um, melting. That's my natural response. I do recall the days of 1968. I painted my 1961 comet with flowers, and they never um, melted as times changed. Kept the flower car until repairing it got too expensive. I am considering painting my outback to match the tie-dye t shirt I presently have on.

As far as reaction goes, i went to a booth today, double masked, and gave the unmasked people in it a most pretty flowering cherry twig, quietly saying that i loved my mother, and I try to love your mother, and hope she lives long. that is why I wear a mask.

That will not, um, melt.

Call me Proud Snowflake.
I have alway liked seeing your given name. Feels like I know you. Maybe instead of Garden master under your name you can put proud snowflake.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have alway liked seeing your given name. Feels like I know you. Maybe instead of Garden master under your name you can put proud snowflake.

Something like that's probably a good idea.
It sure surprised, even shocked a lot of people when I enlisted in the army before the vietnam war was officially ended. While in, I was one of the ardent left wingers. I knew a feller from "lower Alabama" he called the real LA, and he used to talk about the south rising again...i think just to make the hairs stand on end. My response was to get a flowering quince twig and put it in the bell of my saxophone. I was and still am, so opposed to such. And so these days liars and insurrectionists call us left wingers snowflakes as if its a bad thing to be a snowflake. well, snowflakes are beautiful.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@marshallsmyth do not consider you a “snow flake” even though I probably oppose some of the ideals you hold dear. You seem to obey the laws and work for what you have. Most people oppose the militant whether they be left or right. Both sides have them. The working middle class opposes our money being redistributed to people that won’t work or the super rich, politicians that get perks from our tax dollars. Name calling is just the lazy persons way of not having to respond to a conversation.
Call yourself whatever but I do not think you fit the qualifications of snowflake.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something like that's probably a good idea.
It sure surprised, even shocked a lot of people when I enlisted in the army before the vietnam war was officially ended. While in, I was one of the ardent left wingers. I knew a feller from "lower Alabama" he called the real LA, and he used to talk about the south rising again...i think just to make the hairs stand on end. My response was to get a flowering quince twig and put it in the bell of my saxophone. I was and still am, so opposed to such. And so these days liars and insurrectionists call us left wingers snowflakes as if its a bad thing to be a snowflake. well, snowflakes are beautiful.
I could always tell that you were a gentle soul. Funny how they could take such a lovely word and twist it to mean something so different.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe some ..

Balance ..

. would be of help. Imagine being offended by a sprig of flowering quince 😣. Imagine someone publicly telling me or anyone else, completely outside of a discussion of policy or anything else - for that matter, that ideas that be held make us unpatriotic or stupid. Imagine.

Steve
edit: Marshall, can you tell that we care about you?

Last edited:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure can tell that most here care about me and each other. On my phone right now at acupuncture office. Ill catch up on my laptop this evening