Chicken eggs are so amazing

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
but so too are other eggs.

today while fixing my lunch i was peeling a couple hard boiled eggs and thinking about what that egg accomplishes in such a short time if it is fertilized correctly. from a few cells to a little chicken fuzzball of ravenous life.

then i squirted hot sauce on them and said thank you to Momma hen and enjoyed my lunch. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put 2 eggs in some milk with vanilla ..

. added it to the bowl to make dough, along with butter, sugar, salt, yeast, and flour ..

. set the mixer up to knead and made 2 loaves of bread. New recipe & wonderfully suitable for a holiday meal!

:D Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put 2 eggs in some milk with vanilla ..

. added it to the bowl to make dough, along with butter, sugar, salt, yeast, and flour ..

. set the mixer up to knead and made 2 loaves of bread. New recipe & wonderfully suitable for a holiday meal!

:D Steve
Bread? Recipe please?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, @baymule

Japanese Milk Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/3 cup bread flour

5 cups bread flour
1 cup sugar
2 packages of instant yeast

1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick butter, softened and cut up in slices

1 egg white
2 tbsp of water

Add the 1/3 cup of bread flour to 1 cup water in a sauce pan. Mix on medium heat until it forms a thick paste.
Remove and set aside to cool.

In a mixer, mix 5 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. With the cooled flour paste, mix in the milk, vanilla and eggs. Make a well in the bowl and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Use the bread/kneading hook on the mixer and add the softened butter one slice at a time. Knead for 20 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth. Set in a dry place and let it rise until double in size.

Shape the dough into rolls or loaves. Allow to rise again. Mix 1 egg white with 2 tbsp of water. Brush onto the buns before baking. If making loaves, bake for 35 to 40 minutes in 350 degree oven OR until the top is golden brown. Do not overbake, it will make your bread hard. Remove, cool and Enjoy! Makes 2 loaves.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay, @baymule

Japanese Milk Bread

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/3 cup bread flour

5 cups bread flour
1 cup sugar
2 packages of instant yeast

1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick butter, softened and cut up in slices

1 egg white
2 tbsp of water

Add the 1/3 cup of bread flour to 1 cup water in a sauce pan. Mix on medium heat until it forms a thick paste.
Remove and set aside to cool.

In a mixer, mix 5 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. With the cooled flour paste, mix in the milk, vanilla and eggs. Make a well in the bowl and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Use the bread/kneading hook on the mixer and add the softened butter one slice at a time. Knead for 20 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth. Set in a dry place and let it rise until double in size.

Shape the dough into rolls or loaves. Allow to rise again. Mix 1 egg white with 2 tbsp of water. Brush onto the buns before baking. If making loaves, bake for 35 to 40 minutes in 350 degree oven OR until the top is golden brown. Do not overbake, it will make your bread hard. Remove, cool and Enjoy! Makes 2 loaves.
That sounds like a delicious bread. Thanks for sharing :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
but so too are other eggs.

today while fixing my lunch i was peeling a couple hard boiled eggs and thinking about what that egg accomplishes in such a short time if it is fertilized correctly. from a few cells to a little chicken fuzzball of ravenous life.

then i squirted hot sauce on them and said thank you to Momma hen and enjoyed my lunch. :)
That reminds me that I've never got around to making deviled eggs. That's another on my list to do.

Latest posts