Chicken eggs are so amazing

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

I never tried this but, honestly, it was the first recipe that came up when I googled milk and sourdough.

I should be a little careful :D. I noticed that my coffee pumpkin cookies recipe came from a website, "yolks-something dot com." Now this, "butter for all!"

One grandmother would sop up grease in a frying pan with bread! Nope. I substitute olde bread in a bowl for breakfast cereal ;). (DW likes tapioca pudding so well that I'm tempted to introduce her to bread pudding.)

Steve
People used to fry up the bread with the bacon fat usually the stale bread. I've never liked this.

Tapioca, dreamy :drool . I haven't come across tabioca in years.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not me. Soggy bread is gross. Gag.

wow, so not a fan of bread puddings, french toast and the like? i could live off custards and puddings (and mixes of both), both sweet and savory versions and combined, like entire meals in a single dish. noodles too. to me noodles are pretty much just soggy bread.

p.s. hope you guys are feeling better today?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
wow, so not a fan of bread puddings, french toast and the like? i could live off custards and puddings (and mixes of both), both sweet and savory versions and combined, like entire meals in a single dish. noodles too. to me noodles are pretty much just soggy bread.

p.s. hope you guys are feeling better today?

Nope. No bread pudding, no bread dressing. No soggy bread. My taste buds recoil and revolt. Not happening. I make custards and puddings, but not the soggy bread kind.

We are better today, still not well, but better. It's finally stopped raining, adding insult to injury, it is sunny and beautiful outside. There are things I need to do in the garden, but it will have to wait.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a love/hate relationship with noodles, although those are both too strong of words.

Noodles made a big difference in my diet by increasing my consumption of veggies. ADD them, in a BIG way!

I like ramen noodles but with the seasoning mix, even half of it, they are too salty. Mrs Dash is an okay substitute but I notice that DW has become much more inclined to buy rice noodles. For Heaven's Sake, I can hardly move them from bowl to mouth!

DD was showing us that she had cooked noodles, last night. There they were with chopsticks in the bowl. Chopsticks ... may as well give me a two prong fork ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule can you cook things you won't eat? like if your grandkids decided they loved French toast could you make it or is your reaction that bad to even looking at it? just curious.

i have only a few food reactions which i don't want to deal with at all (organ meats), but if you hide the things like liver in some good braunschwieger where it isn't so strong i can eat it and enjoy it - but i'm very picky about that too i've found out, just can't eat any brand of the product it has to be a certain type. i'm pretty spoiled i think in that regards since we have a fairly local meat company that makes it.

other than that food can sometimes be fuel and i don't care about taste or texture. give me a chunk of cold hard plain tofu and i can cut it up and put it down the hatch. kinda like eating cold oatmeal slabs but less texture. :)

so i guess that brings up another question, do you hate oatmeal, polenta or grits too? this is getting pretty close to refried beans territory in textures...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nope. No bread pudding, no bread dressing. No soggy bread. My taste buds recoil and revolt. Not happening. I make custards and puddings, but not the soggy bread kind.

We are better today, still not well, but better. It's finally stopped raining, adding insult to injury, it is sunny and beautiful outside. There are things I need to do in the garden, but it will have to wait.
The fried bread my family made was fried to a crisp, and tasted of the bacon fat it was heated up in.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule can you cook things you won't eat? like if your grandkids decided they loved French toast could you make it or is your reaction that bad to even looking at it? just curious.

i have only a few food reactions which i don't want to deal with at all (organ meats), but if you hide the things like liver in some good braunschwieger where it isn't so strong i can eat it and enjoy it - but i'm very picky about that too i've found out, just can't eat any brand of the product it has to be a certain type. i'm pretty spoiled i think in that regards since we have a fairly local meat company that makes it.

other than that food can sometimes be fuel and i don't care about taste or texture. give me a chunk of cold hard plain tofu and i can cut it up and put it down the hatch. kinda like eating cold oatmeal slabs but less texture. :)

so i guess that brings up another question, do you hate oatmeal, polenta or grits too? this is getting pretty close to refried beans territory in textures...
No problem cooking things I don't eat, except bananas. I like polenta, grits and oatmeal. I like practically everything. I love tomatoes in all forms except ketchup. I don't use ketchup on anything. I don't like mayonnaise on a sandwich, but will use it in things like deviled eggs, potato salad etc. That's about it. Not crazy about beef liver, but love fried chicken livers and boudain-which is a pork liver and rice sausage.

Latest posts