Chickens for bug control and food recycling.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hey real bad pain in my diaphragm as vertebra pops pushes can't breath BF pops back then giving 140 lb Lab in the tum NO WAY HE HATES IT... Mom not dumb I take dog back end puts first it in the tub then the front followed .... go out side clean birds give them squash.. front of old run still up chickens cannot run out a door that way but all our dry weather make it hard pack so drag little joe tiller out run that for 30 minutes vibrate pound off why do i hurt?????

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure I don't. I'm constantly checking all day long and only my Rhode Island is laying. The other 2 are going into the next box at all. I also scrape the poop board daily and there is no residue of an egg. I check the floor of the run too but nothing.

Mary

It's obvious Mary, you're checking them constantly and they just need a little more privacy. Sheesh.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Think most of us have run the gambit on our flocks cajoling, screaming and so on

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Think most of us have run the gambit on our flocks cajoling, screaming and so on

I've been at this so long that I've become like an old parent...I no longer talk, I just go up in the night and mark the legs of those who are to die. Dead chicken walkin', right there and all the rest of the flock knows it. :D

I swear I start getting more eggs after a butchering than I did before!

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have decided to take 1 EE she has so much barring she could be a br if you did not know
but not heavy like a barred rock either born right here but pesky like a rhode island red
she will go to auction as soon as ameracauna get old enough to sex all but 1 cockerel will round out auction
list.. actually thinking about taking the 5 barred rock hens they are pushing 4 all hatchery birds auction them after ameracauna start laying

Latest posts