Chipmunks !!!!!

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Zach on YouTube An American Homestead shows how to build a good squirrel trap. I would try it if wasn't for my chickens. I had a little mutt that was great for grabbing moles out of the dirt. She also brought us voles, mice and little hairless creatures that were too young to identify. I suspect they were groundhogs or something like that. Too big to be rabbit kits.

Our cats caught all kinds of critters including snakes.

Our chickens have caught more than one mouse and would eat anything that didn't eat them first, including young snakes.

We had a rat snake in our garage last summer I'm sure they would be well fed since we have pack rats in the house and poison hasn't worked. The landlord doesn't want us to have cats.

I saw a critter in the chicken coop but it looked like a mink. Do minks run wild in Arkansas? I put some poison down the hole I saw it jump in and haven't seen them since. I would think chipmunks could be killed in any way other rodents are.

I do know that squirrels will get into the garden and chew up your fruit, ruining it.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw a critter in the chicken coop but it looked like a mink. Do minks run wild in Arkansas? I put some poison down the hole I saw it jump in and haven't seen them since.

How big was it? Mink are a part of the weasel family but pretty big. I saw one a couple of years back in the middle of the day at a bridge over a small creek, so yes they are in Arkansas. So are other members of the weasel family.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats are the easiest way besides JustOneBite rat poison. I haven't seen a squirrel in the yard since taking in these two kittens, now cats. Soon to have a litter of kittens who will also take on the job of keeping my orchard clear of rodents. Mole counts have went down too.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Just One Bite" That's the name of the bait? Works that well? And if a dog eats the squirrel ?

Unless the dog is starving it won't eat it. Animals seem to know when another creature dies of some kind of illness and that poison sure does produce an illness, right quick and in a hurry. Neither my cats nor dogs, not even the chickens, would touch the rats that crawled out of the buildings after consuming JOB.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even if they did, concentration is not large enough to kill. It got converted when it killed the rat.