Christmas Eve 7 Fishes

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have no family left..It's just my hubby and me..All have pass now. So we have given up the tree and all the traditional foods. No one to complain to us. We still do some sort of fish, since we see no one on Christmas day, and no one to take home leftovers, last night we had shrimp scampi...LOL today we will have oven baked rabbit with small potatoes, carrots and onion, with rosemary, thyme and sage...Yum...

It's just what we want.. :)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to have Christmas Goose or turduckhen at my parents' farm . After they passed we had lamb or turduckhen for Christmas on our farm. Then turned to ham after we moved to suburban living as it is very hard to find goose or duck in stores much less home grown ones these days.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have no family left.

Same here. For Christmas, we usually do some type of beef (being from Texas). This morning I seasoned up strip steaks with just S&P, which I'll grill these later for supper. I harvested a couple of small heads of broccoli & some green onions so that Mrs. Ranch can make our traditional Christmas salad. She also made 'twice baked' potatoes as the other side dish. This will all be served with homemade buttermilk biscuits. Life is good!!!

Broccoli_Salad.jpg

2XBaked_Potatoes.jpg

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We went to our daughter's Christmas Eve for turkey, it was delicious. It was just hubby and I for Christmas dinner. I did a rack of lamb a favorite of ours, blah :(, absolutely tasteless. The only thing that had any flavor was the seasoned panko coating. It will be a long time before I buy another rack, it's da*n expensive. Mind you the neighborhood cat that adopted us found a treat in his dish last night. This cat has spent a lot of time in our yard, when we noticed how skinny he was we started putting a dish out for him. He's the best ratter.

Annette

Latest posts