Christmas Eve 7 Fishes

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug I will be delighted to share with you! My Great Grandmother, 1877-1980, known to her grandchildren, great and great-great grandchildren, as Mamma Wall, made egg nog for breakfast on Christmas morning. My Mother remembered drinking egg nog as a small child. My Mom died at 92, so I guess egg nog gives a long life? :lol: My Grandmother made it at all the family Christmas gatherings and as a small child, I drank it too. Full strength, it will blow your head off, LOL. I make it with half the whiskey that my grandmothers did.

Mamma Wall's Eggnog
12 eggs, separated
12 heaping tablespoons of sugar
12 shots of bourbon (I use 6)
1 pint whipping cream
1 cup milk
Beat egg whites until stiff.
Beat whipping cream until stiff.
Beat egg yolks, add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
Continue beating egg yolks, slowly add bourbon 1 shot at a time. Beat egg yolk mixture thoroughly while
adding bourbon. The bourbon cooks the egg yolks-if you just dump the bourbon in you will get curdled eggs.
With a large spoon or spatula, fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the egg
whites. Stir in the milk.
Serve in cups with nutmeg or cinnamon sprinkled on top.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Local grocer carried oysters, so I bought them on Sunday. DH said that his father loved oysters at Christmas, and the butcher told me that he carried them for Thanksgiving and Christmas only. I offered then to DH who refused. Two DD's also refused. I thought they were great! Next time I will make a stew for myself with them.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug I will be delighted to share with you! My Great Grandmother, 1877-1980, known to her grandchildren, great and great-great grandchildren, as Mamma Wall, made egg nog for breakfast on Christmas morning. My Mother remembered drinking egg nog as a small child. My Mom died at 92, so I guess egg nog gives a long life? :lol: My Grandmother made it at all the family Christmas gatherings and as a small child, I drank it too. Full strength, it will blow your head off, LOL. I make it with half the whiskey that my grandmothers did.

thank you! :) i've got it now. :) yeah, that sounds pretty strong all righty!

Latest posts