Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
How cute are these
upload_2018-12-13_6-34-40.png

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay another good gift a fitbit if he doesnt already have one. They do a lot more then count your steps, they keep track of your heart beat, number of calorie burned and sleep patterns. Once a week I get email showing me my week. The sleep pattern tracker is fastenating

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wear wool socks year-round.

This probably wouldn't work for Bay's gift but this talk about warm socks makes me think about pajamas.

We must have all seen young people out in pajamas. I'll tell you what, the highest population of these pajama-wearers might be young parents. Yeah, they are out taking kids to elementary schools.

Anyway, I'm not likely to wear pajamas outdoors and often see outfits that look like they should have been replaced on the first venture out of bed. What is a good store/brand for better pajamas? Maaaybe, even in Texas, this is pajama season.

Steve
wears pj's under denim on coldest winter days after having tossed all his thermal underwear years ago.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, have you ever had a pair of lined jeans? They're so much warmer than regular jeans than you might imagine. But obviously jammies work well too. :)

I bought a pair of womens insulated overalls years ago, and I may not be on the cutting edge of fashion but they keep me amazingly warm for hours doing winter chores. I wear them over regular jeans. With the full length leg zippers you can take them off even with your boots on.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No lined jeans or overalls, @thistlebloom .

I was never much of a winter recreation person, something of a hothouse flower ;). Only a few jobs put me outside during winters.

I remember being almost overwhelmed by indoor heat when I was driving a delivery van but that wasn't my normal job. Oh yeah, I can remember imagining stripping down to my thermals when I had to return, indoors.

Layers. I go more for layers each year. Two pairs of wool socks with the next downturn in temperatures ...

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like to wear jeans but my legs get cold in them especially up in the cabin. Although up there I can get away with using my thermal ski pants. I've thought of getting those lined jeans but them figured I would be very hot once indoors and I don't like to keep changing clothes!

Mary