Christmas Gift Ideas for my Son?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Help! Trying to figure out what to get for our son. He is single, never married, works on plant shutdowns or new construction and lives in a 5th wheel.

I've been looking at gift ideas, most of which involve alcohol, hot sauce, beard trimmers, grilling tools, socks, taco kits, tea, coffee and other so called manly stuff that does not fit his lifestyle.

Any ideas anybody?

what is his favorite food? something you used to make that he really liked? can you make a version that ships or is more able to survive for a while if not eaten right away? or freeze it before shipping and hope he gets it ok in the winter months (Mom used to send me eggrolls from our favorite chinese place this way a dozen at a time, often they were still frozen or cold when i got them :) ). cookies usually are always appreciated...

jerkies, sausages and cheeses.

a hand written card and some pictures of everyone smiling. :)

gift cards are already mentioned below but appreciated - if you want to encourage him to expand his horizons you can put some in for book stores, kitchen gadget places and suggest a library card at his local library (he must have a base home address someplace)...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I known Ridge feels bad gift but socks. I am talking really good expensive pairs. When it comes to socks people tend to go cheap as possible. I was same would buy mine in packages of 8 hanes. Then I got a really good pair as gift what a difference so comfortable. Bet he wears workboots all day, good socks will help keep feet warm and also pad and comfort foot. Try on pair of $3.99 socks then try pair of $20.00 socks:love You can get as many pair as your budget allows. I would stick to solid colors, :D My favorite are Dr Scholls diabetic socks ( you don't have to be diabectic enjoy their comfort]) Your feet are foundation for your whole body pamper them

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That's a tough one Bay. I have a hard time coming up with ideas for my own sons who are adamant about not wanting to "collect a bunch of junk".

A fifth wheel puts a limit on space also.
Something for his truck maybe? I suspect he does his own servicing, but maybe he could use fresh floor mats or a seat cover.
Weathertech makes the best stuff!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Seed treat your feet to a realy good pair
If you buy 85% wool the 15% acrylic is the stitching. Wool socks, especially thick ones are super warm. I have winter chores 24/7 and synthetic just won't cut it.
WinterSilks sells silk sock liners. Silk is thin and very lightweight and can be worn under practically anything.
https://wintersilks.blair.com/

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I known Ridge feels bad gift but socks. I am talking really good expensive pairs. When it comes to socks people tend to go cheap as possible. I was same would buy mine in packages of 8 hanes. Then I got a really good pair as gift what a difference so comfortable. Bet he wears workboots all day, good socks will help keep feet warm and also pad and comfort foot. Try on pair of $3.99 socks then try pair of $20.00 socks:love You can get as many pair as your budget allows. I would stick to solid colors, :D My favorite are Dr Scholls diabetic socks ( you don't have to be diabectic enjoy their comfort]) Your feet are foundation for your whole body pamper them

Kid#1 swears by Darn Tough (<link) socks. They are made in Vermont from Merino wool, which is superior to other wool. They don't itch, don't smell and wick away moisture. He wears them year round, they come in several styles, hiking styles to snowboarding/skiing styles.

Just so you know that he knows what he's talking about, he's a wildland firefighter and works 16 hour shifts for 2 weeks on, two days off. He spends a lot of time in boots. They are worth the cost.

Last edited: