Christmas Lights

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know if I've mentioned it already, but I suggested we could hang lights on the house -- never have had them in 45 years here -- last Sunday. Son thought it a great idea so I ordered some icicle-lights via inter-net right away.

A couple of hours later, son and D-I-L came home with clips, lights, and an outside snowflake projector that he and his wife promptly put up. They also said they wanted to put up a real tree instead of my usual artifical one.

I take these things as more signs that D-I-L is feeling more at home here and with me. I thank God (and whoever gifted the store with an old Singer machine) that I could bring it home for her. I have gotten so many blessings since I gave it to her.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the man cave half of the house is done.....only took 17 years to allow this...
IMG_0766[1].JPG

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the Portland, Ore.last night's 11: 00 news, they said that there is a 20,000 shortage of Christmas trees in Portland this year. Prices skyrocketing. :eek: Oh yea, don't forget to donate to your favorite cause and go fund me every Tom , Dick, Harry, Martha and Mary's little lamb. :th

Farmer Connie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello everybody. DH and I saw some 6.5' Douglas Furs at a local store here in Fl. for $120...:ep
kinda steep. Our kids have grown and we usually get a small modest tree. I should have started a tree farm.:)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have one across the street from me. He has a great deal going he is open weekends, from Thanksgiving till Christmas eve. He hires local high school kids. And gets a great tax break for being a farm. his main job is with the power company.

Latest posts