Christmas Lights

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello everybody. DH and I saw some 6.5' Douglas Furs at a local store here in Fl. for $120...:ep
kinda steep. Our kids have grown and we usually get a small modest tree. I should have started a tree farm.:)
For $120, fake tree is fine. Plant one in yard, decorate it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love my fake tree because I can keep it up longer. It looks realistic enough to suit me. But if it came down to spending $120 for a real live one, in think I'd just head out to the woods and get me a little Charlie Brown black pine or red cedar that grow wild here. I remember several times we had done that as a kid. After my parents divorced we didn't have much and my brother and I would go out and find one. Nice memories I hadn't thought of in a long awhile.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad used to go out and cut a cedar out of Grandpa's woods. They sure were prickly. You could only hang ornaments on the outside of the branches--no deep diving if you value your skin.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far Gypsy has not helped with the outdoor lights. All those hung so far required a ladder to the roof. When we decorate the bushes, she might dig in. I'm guessing she will be the major indoor Christmas tree decorator, however.

Latest posts