cinnamon toast

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, first for the homemade pancake mix. I will make some Adzuki bean paste next week, so I plan to write a step-by-step tutorial then.

Pre-mix: Prepare all dry ingredients, mix them, and fill them into a container/jar
Cake flour 150g
Cinnamon powder 10~15g (up to how much you love the cinnamon flavor)
Baking powder 5~6g
Sugar 30g (only slightly sweet, later you will serve it with maple syrup or honey)
Salt a pinch

When you are ready to make some pancake, add below two wet ingredients:
Egg (M)*1
Full-fat milk 200g

I don't particularly appreciate using too much baking powder. I prefer a recipe with less baking powder and let the batter rest for some hours (or overnight) to reach a similar condition.

As my husband is a huge pancake fan, I always prepare three flavors: cinnamon, cacao, and wild blueberry.
View attachment 44102
Keeping this in my notes :drool loads of cinnamon for me ;).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That looks good to me, @Marie2020 :). As payment for posting that picture, I'll attempt a description of adzuki paste used as a dessert ;).

The pastery has a sweet flavor, probably only from the added sugar. There is a nuttiness but, also, a hint of fruit. 🤔 That seems about right but it might be the baker's choice of ingredients that makes me think of fruit.

When @seedcorn was sitting on his porch with his coffee, old dog, and listening to the sounds of the countryside the other day - I was reading that on a morning when the house was filling with the fragrance of cinnamon and vanilla from baking zucchini bread. The next morning, it was cinnamon and nutmeg in the pumpkin pies. A few days later, back to the cinnamon and vanilla in a batch of pumpkin cookies with the leftover winter squash :D.

I may miss the dairy cows and rooster crows but I've got baked goods and cinnamon!

Steve
Please ask your DW too put up with me for a little while, I think I need too taste your baked goods. :drool I can smell your baking from here

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We sure got some fancy cinnamon toast makers/bakers here! Mine is rather plain, yup, my mom made it for me, I made it for my kids, now for the grand kids.

Buttered bread, sugar, cinnamon, place in oven under broil, watch carefully not to burn and EAT.

Anybody make monkey bread?

3 cans of store bought biscuits
A stick of BUTTER
Half cup or more of brown sugar, I like more, it makes it nicely gooey
Shake cinnamon until arm gets tired, maybe less

Cut each biscuit in 3-4 pieces
Melt butter, add cinnamon and sugar
Add biscuit pieces and mix well

Put in tube pan, bake at 350F for 30 -45 minutes

Place plate on top of tube pan, flip over while still hot right out of the oven or else it will stick to tube pan and good luck on getting it out of there.

You can add chopped nuts, chopped apple or pear, blue berries or anything you desire.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We sure got some fancy cinnamon toast makers/bakers here! Mine is rather plain, yup, my mom made it for me, I made it for my kids, now for the grand kids.

Buttered bread, sugar, cinnamon, place in oven under broil, watch carefully not to burn and EAT.

A stick of BUTTER

Place plate on top of tube pan, flip over while still hot right out of the oven or else it will stick to tube pan and good luck on getting it out of there.

You can add chopped nuts, chopped apple or pear, blue berries or anything you desire.
I've just gone up a stone in weight just reading this :drool

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

A stick of BUTTER

i'm going to read this recipe to Mom because she'll love hearing about it. i mean, what's not to love about brown sugar and butter and other goodies all gooey and on top of other things?

right now she's busy making macaroni and cheese and cracker crunch (i'm not sure why, but who am i to complain? because she wants to is an acceptable answer anyways :) ).