Cleaning Water Cooler

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
wd40? ew! tell me that's a joke... :)

i could see where something like CLR would be useful, vinegar, ammonia or bleach in extreme cases (don't mix these).

can't ever imagine using wd40... :)
YES, WD-40 works very well to dissolve calcium deposits on faucet ends and other deposits. It is great for 1001 other things too. Works much better than those items that you mentioned. I got this information from a friend who is an owner of a 148 unit apartment complex and downtown 7 commercial, office and store buildings. Another friend has a commercial and home carpet cleaning and office maintenance business and he too uses it for many things. I use it all the time during rehabing/ building and daily maintenance for my homes.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just my personal preference.. but I wouldn't use any product to clean things that I eat and drink from that I couldn't eat or drink... But, to each his or her own.

Here at work, we've had the same coolers for .. 7 or 8 years? Other than wiping down the parts that I can see, they've never been 'cleaned'. The company that provides them has never offered to clean them either. Could it just be a little gimmick to get a little extra money out of customers????

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked up 2 gallons of white vinegar. I remember buying a coffee machine and it was suggested to run white vinegar threw every couples months