Cleaning Water Cooler

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, do you have a lot of minerals in your bottled water (specifically, calcium)?
If you don't know, you can tell by whether or not you get a white deposit in a glass of water left out a couple days.
Anyway, if you don't have a lot of calcium in your water, there shouldn't be a need to clean it.
Vinegar is good for cutting the calcium deposits.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky it is bottled poland spring water. Once a month poland springs delivers 5 five gallon bottles. I got a email from poland springs that cooler was due for cleaning. After Cane said hers at work where never cleaned I decided to do myself

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky it is bottled poland spring water. Once a month poland springs delivers 5 five gallon bottles. I got a email from poland springs that cooler was due for cleaning. After Cane said hers at work where never cleaned I decided to do myself
Nyboy, why don't you ask the bottling company if they are using another water source, or if not, what is the source of their water as well as what proceedures / filters that they use to remove dissolved minerals, impurities , and contaminants. Several years ago it was revieled that a large water bottling company in Cal. was filling their bottles directly from their City's water lines and selling the water at a handsome profit. No better than the city's tap water .

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, why don't you ask the bottling company if they are using another water source, or if not, what is the source of their water as well as what proceedures / filters that they use to remove dissolved minerals, impurities , and contaminants. Several years ago it was revieled that a large water bottling company in Cal. was filling their bottles directly from their City's water lines and selling the water at a handsome profit. No better than the city's tap water .

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't stand bottled water and think it tastes nasty. However, I do like sulfer water. Bu the bottled water tastes flat, compared to all of the other water locales I have had through the years.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
now heres a question... if you have a fridge at home that has ice and water in the door....yes we all clean the spill catch tray, but when was the last time you really looked up into where the water it comes out.......???? give yours a look and report back..

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a water jug in the refrigerator and old fashioned ice trays. If you think the water spigot in the door gets black and moldy, what about the water line that feeds water to the refrigerator? A friend had a clear line to the frige and it was nasty!

Latest posts