Close call with a skunk

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jake was sprayed last year and he still smells like skunk...which I love! I am one of those few people who love skunk smell. Don't know why, but I always have. We don't get many skunks around here like we used to, which is a shame...to me that's one of the smells of fall, that early morning smell of skunks in the area.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My little friend sprayed me right in the face. I was glad I had glasses on- I think it would hurt your eyes. But, it didn't make me throw up. If you were standing up and got sprayed -I think you would just find it a smelly problem, but It wouldn't make you sick. Now if you are stupid (like me) and put your face down to it, thinking you a "skunk whisperer" than you might feel differently!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My little friend sprayed me right in the face. I was glad I had glasses on- I think it would hurt your eyes. But, it didn't make me throw up. If you were standing up and got sprayed -I think you would just find it a smelly problem, but It wouldn't make you sick. Now if you are stupid (like me) and put your face down to it, thinking you a "skunk whisperer" than you might feel differently!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to have skunks around my cabin almost every day. Just speak softly and don't make any sudden moves and you won't get sprayed. The odd thing is most skunks are quite friendly and actually like being around people.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to have skunks around my cabin almost every day. Just speak softly and don't make any sudden moves and you won't get sprayed. The odd thing is most skunks are quite friendly and actually like being around people.
They just have an odd way of showing it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is the shock of facing one in the dark that causes me to scream and startle the skunk. I go out a little earlier to close the chickens, make a lot of noise so it knows I'm coming. and look carefully about. We did have one that my dog seems to play with a few years back. she eventually was sprayed.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love skunks !!!! Some dogs are so dumb they get sprayed 2x a week. They never figure out stay away from them, owner spend lots to be able to have dog in house.
And I bet you have the help do the washing.;)