coffee maker is broken

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hey, good job but ya know cane, melita makes a little filter and holder that fits on top of a coffee cup, cheap and easy and its gotta be easier than pouring hot water in a k-cup.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS , I have a very desperate need for coffee... patience was not a problem. :caf
(and that pict looks delish)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
If I had known that the coffee brewer was broken, I would've had coffee at home - or brought some with me - or even brought my own brewer for a couple of days.
They just like watching the addict drag around coffee-less. ha-HA! Ended up I was the only one getting coffee today! :plbb

The new one will be here tomorrow - or maybe Wed :weee

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
hey, good job but ya know cane, melita makes a little filter and holder that fits on top of a coffee cup, cheap and easy and its gotta be easier than pouring hot water in a k-cup.
We don't drink that much coffee at home but we have that melita holder. Put in a filter, your ground coffee beans, water, and voila coffee is made. If we want a second cup we just add another scoop of coffee to the original grounds and water.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha Cane! That's ingenious!... And funny!

I thought I was drinking too much coffee, then my brother and sil stayed with us for a bit until their property cleared escrow, and I
discovered I was making it too strong! :rolleyes: They drink coffee that looks a little like dirty water.

That whole situation got fixed when the coffee maker broke.
So I went without. Good for me!

3 days later I was shopping for a new one. :D
In order to stay with my plan to drink less I bought a really tiny coffee maker, it's so darn cute. Looks like it should live in a doll house, but it definitely makes less.
Now all I have to do is fill it twice.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
heck yes on the strong coffee. if the spoon can't stand up by itself the coffee is to weak. my mom was this little dark eyed, dark haired Cherokee gal and sometimes just to yank her chain my dad, the Irishman, would say to her "yea i like my coffee like my women, sweet, hot and blonde". she would get sooo mad at him and mutter things about him and women and mutter, mutter, mutter.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like my coffee black and med strong. And very very hot! Hubby likes a splash of coffee in his creamer. :(

We broke down and got a Keurig. We promptly bought a fill your own filter - so we use the ground coffee. Cheaper than the pods. But we do have pods for our renters who rent our home for a stay.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to have a sort-of-friend who worked for the sanitation department in a medium sized town. He was always talking about the great things people just threw out. One time at a Christmas party, he told the people sitting around him "Everything I'm wearing I got out of the trash."
I have to admit, he did look pretty sharp, for back in the 70's. ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to have a sort-of-friend who worked for the sanitation department in a medium sized town. He was always talking about the great things people just threw out. One time at a Christmas party, he told the people sitting around him "Everything I'm wearing I got out of the trash."
I have to admit, he did look pretty sharp, for back in the 70's. ;)

That's funny So Lucky! I guess those polyester leisure suits really were pretty durable huh?