coffee maker is broken

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Cane you are so clever :thumbsup I would have suffered or taken my coffee break to run out and buy a BIG cup of gas station Joe. By the way I LOVE the cup mug you have.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' I believe it is the egg shell you supposed to use.....egg whites? :sick That would be coffee-egg-drop-soup!

Also, an ice cube dropped in the boiled coffee shocks the brew and sends the grounds to the bottom. I can vouch for this method, it does work!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aha! So that's what my uncle was doing that time when we stopped at his house in the wee hours while driving to grandma and grandpas.

I remember standing in his kitchen, still dark outside, barely taller than the kitchen counter while he made coffee for my mom and dad.
I remember him breaking an egg into the grounds (I think it was a percolator?) and my folks telling him what a weirdo he was. Haha! I don't think they actually said weirdo, but with my kid ESP I knew that's what they thought.
The coffee must have been fine because we hung around while they drank a few more cups.

Oh, I meant to say that he added the shells to the broken egg. :confused:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dang, I don't know!

I only tried it once!

There's this idea in the social sciences about discovery. Seems that misunderstandings are a BIG reason for human discovery ... I should be so lucky :\.

Steve
not @so lucky

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's some ingenuity, Cane. :) I think my coffee addiction would have driven me to suck on a mouthful of the grounds, lol.

I have a percolator pot that we use for camping that I will pull out for a power outage, but it is not at all the same.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Good morning Ladies, gentlemen, good morning Steve. I read this thread all the way through, with a cup of nice full bodied coffee.
Coffee's can be very important, it was today, I slept well but could hardly talk when I came downstairs. Now after just two cups I'm as awake as the Stellar Jays in front of the kitchen windows, Just a mo, let me get them something.
Hi, Been eavesdropping, pleased to have found this island, had no idea one was here, but kept looking. If I could I'd pour each a cuppa.
Richard

Attachments

• jazvah.JPG
    jazvah.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 164

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate you @valley ranch
sFi_rockthrow.gif

(just kidding of course)

Still no coffee maker here... 4am wakeup... working Christmas Eve... did I mention no coffee?
(unbending paperclips to make more camp coffee......)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you considered DeCaf, @canesisters ?

;)

I'm so tired of the Caf/DeCaf blend I've been using. Grinding the whole beans helps. Flavored DeCaf most definitely did not help. Hopefully, the lessened effects on my stomach make it all worthwhile.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate you @valley ranch View attachment 5711
(just kidding of course)

Still no coffee maker here... 4am wakeup... working Christmas Eve... did I mention no coffee?
(unbending paperclips to make more camp coffee......)
Cane you are going to have to bring a thermos of coffee with you until the new coffee maker arrives. (Or send someone out on a coffee run a few times.)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning Ladies, gentlemen, good morning Steve. I read this thread all the way through, with a cup of nice full bodied coffee.
Coffee's can be very important, it was today, I slept well but could hardly talk when I came downstairs. Now after just two cups I'm as awake as the Stellar Jays in front of the kitchen windows, Just a mo, let me get them something.
Hi, Been eavesdropping, pleased to have found this island, had no idea one was here, but kept looking. If I could I'd pour each a cuppa.
Richard
@valley ranch You are fitting right in here. So glad you found us! I sure would love to pull up a chair by that fire and share a cup. Happy Holidays and Warm Winter wishes. :hugs