coffee maker is broken

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha! I remember when my dad had some....my mom loved them because you could just throw them in the washer.
One of those styles that are best left in the past!

Oh yeah! And when you would try to make rags out of the polyester - they were terrible. Like wiping something with a piece of Saran Wrap.

Can anyone tell me why the Bunn coffee makers are so daggone expensive? Are they really that much better?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will bet $10 my father wears his leisure suit Christmas eve. My father throws no clothes out they must disintegrate.
Polyester never rots, but it does burn..... a pile of burning leaves would probably appreciate a nice polyester leisure suit. :lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smiles Jr. - a Bunn doesn't make coffee any better - but it will make it for YEARS longer. There is one at church that has been going so long no one can remember where it came from. Still churns out buckets full every Sunday.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had to use the paperclip coffee maker again this AM.
Coffee is much stronger using this method... must the longer steeping time. I might be on to something here. I bet there is some way to 'package' this for marketing.
"Cup at a time, on the go"
"Camping Keruig"
"No Power? No Problem!"

Attachments

• sHa_hehe.gif
    sHa_hehe.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 145

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are supposed to be able to "pin" the grounds to the bottom of the pot with egg white. I don't know where this notion for boiled coffee came from.

I tried it once. My advice is report on its usefulness but only if you are content with throwing away a pot of coffee :\.

Do you ever wonder where some of these "supposed to's" come from? It's like some cruel 19th century joke. Like snipe hunting ... Get the idea started and then spend eternity sitting on a cloud, snickering to oneself.

Or ... it really does work and just requires some simple step, popular culture has forgotten ... like stirring the coffee as you drop the egg white in the pot!

Steve