Coffee Substitutes

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I was gonna start a separate thread on what is processed food, intending to link this rather simple article, which doesn't answer that question, btw ;). https://t.co/xw5AecefDG

I was busy outdoors and elsewhere in the house, came back where the teevee is and there is this grand show on "The Story of Tea!"

I've thought of Globe Trekker as something of the the ultimate, college kids with backpacks checking into the local youth hostel show. Well, I've never seen an episode more richly done!

What a story!! If you can check your local PBS schedule and watch the show, Oh My! Do So.

As I sit with my pedestrian oolong and hot soymilk ... so, I feel I fit in okay. But, it all still misses a little on my simplistic question of the morning: what is processed food?

:) Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
About a week ago, my wife got a secret santa gift of a tea sampler ... "Stash " brand, box contains 2 tea bags each of natural -- Acai berry, Blueberry superfruit, Chamomile, Cinnemon apple chamomile, lemon ginger, Licorice spice,mango passsionfruit, Peppermint, Wild raspberry hibiscus. We have now tried over half of the samplers ... we will NOT rush out to buy any of them as all are very weak --just a hint of what the tea should be as in what is it that I am drinking ? Yesterday, my wife gave the rest of the sampler a permenant residence into the garbage can. :rolleyes: :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm, as a tea drinker, I have found that everything at the store tastes terrible! You need to research brands and order it online in loose tea leaves. I never use tea bags.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't like tea in bags either! And I don't like flavored teas, only teas with flavor. Someone once gave me a sample from David's Teas, and it had artificial cake flavor in it! :sick

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sound like the day I laid down some good money for some "legendary" Earl Grey from Basilieur, only to discover when I got home they had laced it with pineapple chunks!

As it stands now, I have a jar of teabags (Earl Grey again) I'm having someone else taste first because I can't tell from the label if the tea mix simply is supposed to be reminiscent of molasses, or they actually added molasses (the last thing I need is tea that makes my blood sugar skyrocket) Based on the smell, I'm already worried (it smells less like Earl grey and more like pannetone.)

Latest posts