Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stayed up late ripping out carpet. Now my knees are killing me. Unfortunately, I still have to get the room put back together this morning. Hopefully a cup of coffee and some Advil do their jobs.
What are you going to replace the carpet with? Wood floors? Tile? Painted concrete?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
On my first cup of coffee. I’m buying a new car! A 2022 Hyundai Accent. All done over the phone and internet. There is NOTHING on the lots around here or in Houston. Many dealerships have pictures of cars that are either already sold or they aren’t even there yet. Some dealers have blank spots with coming soon and the description. Since I don’t want an expensive car, that really narrows it down. I want a small, cheap, car with good gas mileage. Buying diesel at 12 MPG pulling a trailer or 15 MPG in town or at the very best, 18 MPG on the highway, is killing me. I’m keeping my truck! I need it for pulling those trailers and the things I do. I need a car to scoot around and go to town in. Right now, I’m paying a new car note, in diesel fuel, but not driving one.

My daughter found this car in Victoria, 200 miles away. Ok, I’m leaving Monday to go to Corpus Christi to visit, I’ll stop on the way and see my NEW CAR! Coming back Thursday. The salesman will follow me home with a chase car to take him back.

Salesman and finance guy were laughing their heads off when they asked for my address. My new address is a private road that no longer exists. There were 2 houses on it and 1 is now gone. It’s in the community of Centralia. Of course they never heard of it. In Trinity county, never heard of that either. Nearest town, Groveton, huh? Where’s that? It’s in that county you never heard of! LOLAnd the farm is in Trinity county, but the physical address is in Kennard, which is in Houston county. Lost and confused yet? My right now address is Groveton, no I don’t live in town, I’m 10 miles out of Groveton and 10 miles to Apple Springs, don’t know where that is either, do ya’? Good thing there is GPS so the salesman and the driver taking him back can find their way out of Deep East Texas and get back to civilization.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What are you going to replace the carpet with? Wood floors? Tile? Painted concrete?
I’m planning on getting some of that snap lock vinyl. We thought about doing linoleum like the rest of the house but this room is an awkward size and the snap lock stuff is easier to install anyway.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Really linoleum @Artichoke Lover ??

Having a cup of hot chocolate after a rather late breakfast. @bobm was asking once about how to make use of almond milk. I suggested trying it about 50:50 with water and a spoonful of instant coffee. It goes a long way in making instant acceptable, IMO. Also, 100% with Starbucks chocolate. Wow, is this stuff "rich!" I cannot imagine using more than 1/2 of the envelope per cup.

@baymule , I used to live just off the Bunco Road and you should have seen the looks that I got when I told someone that :D. Now, maybe plenty of people know about the Bunco. Yeah, there is a so-called "theme park" down at the intersection with the highway. East of the "North Pole," across the highway, up the road a little more than a mile, turn right ... first driveway on your right.

:D Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m planning on getting some of that snap lock vinyl. We thought about doing linoleum like the rest of the house but this room is an awkward size and the snap lock stuff is easier to install anyway.
My sister has vinyl plank flooring and loves it. It is glued down. It has survived several floods, even 7’ of water from Hurricane Harvey. That one took the sheetrock, insulation and even washed away the outside brick walls, leaving nothing but the studs. But the floor was still there!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
A person behind a counter represents the company.

Usually and maybe unfortunately, this person may have absolutely NO INFLUENCE on company products/services and policies. The counter person has to be secure enough in their own person to allow the rude remarks to roll off like raindrops on a new parka. I say this but I was never the counter person.

Yesterday, I saw the most rude ... vulgar ... obscene printed statement on the back of a hoodie worn by a person showing up in an office. I won't type the word but it began with an "F." The other words, "... this place." Amazing!

This wasn't a probation office or licensing office, not government or the school principal's - No One was requiring the person to show up. Maybe, the person was simply stating their frustrations with their world. I suppose that is likely and anyone who wears such clothing showed be pitied because theirs is a rather desperate cry for help. Still ... El Disgusto!

Steve
2 years ago I waited 5 months for a chest freezer I had already paid for from DVD's Appliances.
NOW I am waiting for Lowe's to deliver a dishwasher (portable, so no installation necessary) that I ordered 2 months ago.
When the Lowe's rep called me I think he expected a hardsh vitriol. Instead I told him that I understood, and he couldn't really do anything about it, but was asked to called me.
He said I was the nicest call he made all day.

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Really linoleum @Artichoke Lover ??

Having a cup of hot chocolate after a rather late breakfast. @bobm was asking once about how to make use of almond milk. I suggested trying it about 50:50 with water and a spoonful of instant coffee. It goes a long way in making instant acceptable, IMO. Also, 100% with Starbucks chocolate. Wow, is this stuff "rich!" I cannot imagine using more than 1/2 of the envelope per cup.

@baymule , I used to live just off the Bunco Road and you should have seen the looks that I got when I told someone that :D. Now, maybe plenty of people know about the Bunco. Yeah, there is a so-called "theme park" down at the intersection with the highway. East of the "North Pole," across the highway, up the road a little more than a mile, turn right ... first driveway on your right.

:D Steve
Linoleum is not my first choice but it would be the cheapest and they’ve got some pretty nice looking linoleum now. It’s been getting very popular in our area the last few years especially since hardwood is so expensive now. Whatever I put in has to be something I can install myself and I don’t have the skills to put in hardwood or tile.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I was wondering about is if it is real linoleum or is it vinyl. Linoleum seemed to have disappeared from the floor covering world but I have read that it is making a come-back because of being more environmentally friendly, as well as long-wearing.

I've never worked with vinyl tile but have used vinyl by the yard for bathroom flooring.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee hours ago. Just had supper really late. I planted the last of my tomatoes and I planted some cucumber and squash seeds. I have a few coming up in the greenhouse, but I think just cucumbers mostly and my squash seed might be old, but I have enough. My garden is a lot smaller this year and I really just kind of made a mess because when these plants get bigger it is going to be a jungle, but it might work. LOL. DS did some weed eating and some were as tall as me. I have never seen stuff grow like this here. I hurried to get all the planting done because rain in the forecast for 3 days and it has already started raining. LOL

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree Steve. People should not wear such words on their clothing. Vulgar language has crept into the vocabulary and is part of normal conversation. My opinion is that it shows ignorance, in that if a person cannot come up with more intelligent descriptive words, then they must be really mentally lazy and stupid.

it isn't a normal part of my conversation. it is a bad habit. sometimes it slips out when i'm tired or mash my foot against a rock, but otherwise i try to keep it to my internal dialog and even then i've gladly gotten away from it.

Latest posts