Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Sunny weather, windows are open, fans on, fresh morning air but everything closed up in a couple of hours. AC on by mid-afternoon and will be welcome relief when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Right now, it's laundry with me waiting for the next load to be hung out. And, waiting for my second breakfast :). Having a cup of my herbal tea concoction.

If DW hadn't wanted to try passionfruit leaf tea and it came in such a large package, I'd never been in this second cup ;). Then, she doesn't like it 🙄 . What? It just tastes like hay and fruit. But, I may have gone the wrong way with additions. Dried cranberry flavor is almost undetectable. Dried apricot, about the same. Good! But ... DD says that it would be a very good iced drink.

What additional flavor could match grass hay to add some complexity? Don't say mint. Sure, my toothpaste every day ... Sure, I like Peppermint Patties once in awhile. Hey, chocolate! Nah. I have and have had many varieties of mint in the yard. Like the fragrance of many, like the package of chamomile and spearmint well enough but need something else with this fruity hay ;).

Steve
CHOCOLATE Mint. I grow it and it Does smell like an Andes Mint.
Really there are so many "flavors" of mint out there. They are the plants we grow with very loose morals.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have chocolate mint but it is in the most plant unfriendly location 🙄 . Mints are fine in and probably prefer shade but this spot has daily, maybe, 30 minutes of direct sunlight. The mint does smell good - maybe I'll try it. It might have made enough growth in 2022 to risk a slight trimming.

Grape juice and fruity hay would likely taste good but I would have to be careful that I don't juice the tea so much that I can't taste it.

I tried a quarter teaspoon of instant coffee and it was good! However, I already had the apricot and cranberry in there :). Made me think that it explains why peach flavor for espresso is so popular. We also have to be careful ;). In my recipes, 5 ingredients is an absolute limit .

Speaking of fruit: I'm still trying to understand @Phaedra Geiermann 's gardening environment. How she can have such a late snowfall and yet run so far ahead of where my garden is. However, I did have some fresh raspberries with a banana on my cold cereal this morning!

Steve
who had an all leafy greens with rice dinner last night: separate dishes of bok choy, escarole, & baby beets. There was about a half slice of bacon in each :). veggies boiled separately first then fried.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m going to the farm this morning to take down a cow panel pen and move across the driveway. There are 5 big dead oak trees around the house, 3 REAL close. Got a tree cutter coming at daylight tomorrow to take down the 3. Bennet will take down the other 2, drag out the tops, trunks and clean up all the mess. May take several days to get it all cleaned up. These are Post Oaks, the hard winter in February 2021 burned them, the drought has finished them off. Too bad, I’ll have to plant new shade trees.

Maybe close on the farm this week.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee today

The sweet peas are so fragrant, and the birds are singing outside the window.
It's a nice setting when an online meeting focuses almost fully on the technical details - at least I have something lovely by my side.
5588.jpg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Having my morning coffee as I sit leaning against a heating pad on my back. I did something, can't remember what tho, to flare up my back again. I'm so upset because this is when the garden really cranks out veggies that need to be preserved and put up for winter. I plan to call my chiropractor today and see if she can help me. If you remember please say a prayer that it heals quickly.

I did hobble around yesterday and got some tomato harvested. I just might have a good tomato season :).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having my morning coffee as I sit leaning against a heating pad on my back. I did something, can't remember what tho, to flare up my back again. I'm so upset because this is when the garden really cranks out veggies that need to be preserved and put up for winter. I plan to call my chiropractor today and see if she can help me. If you remember please say a prayer that it heals quickly.

I did hobble around yesterday and got some tomato harvested. I just might have a good tomato season :).
Really sorry that you are down in your back, especially when you need to be packing vegetables up for the winter. Hope it heals up quickly and you can get back to doing the things you do!

Latest posts