Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Carol Dee once sent me some dried mint from her garden. That was the best cup of mint tea I've ever had! She said she just put mint in a paper bag to let it dry.

Mary
I really need to plant my mint

How many leaves should I use for the tea?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS'
I’m avoiding chamomile for the moment because several family members have allergies to it …I have a pretty severe skin allergy to lavender and I’d hate to see what it would do to my insides:ep
Good Grief. Lavender and Chamomile … but not tea, an air freshener:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
October 23, 2021 34210 AM PDT_kindlephoto-110894285.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

I'm having a cup of chamomile and spearmint (Sleepytime®) tea with my second breakfast :).

This will be a test ... Later in the day is when I usually drink this stuff. But yesterday, I was so drowsy through the day, we will see if this cuppa puts me to sleep before noon!

I'll trust the boiling water to kill any bacteria ;). (See above)

Steve
who enjoys this herbal tea but suspects that it isn't the mint ;)

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule is back from Corpus Christi. Was it an okay trip?

I want to report on my coffee and tea alternatives. The chamomile and spearmint tea for breakfast did not result in me dozing off. Breakfast isn't immediately after rising to greet the day but well before sunrise at this time of year (DST/fall). I had so much morning drowsiness drinking 3 cups of tea the day before but none with the C&S. Maybe I'm "chamomile immune" just as I may be "caffeine immune."

The roasted dandelion root was ... not good. I was really questioning whether I found it acceptable as an addition to coffee or as an alternative. It has been years since the last trial and I have never had much to experiment with. Well, now I'm convinced it was WITH coffee.

I'll try the dandelion with coffee soon. (It's always been my intention to reduce stress on my stomach as well as satisfying my curiosity ;). Maybe I'll invest in growing a chicory crop again. This looking around for suitable dandelions is not very productive.)

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had my coffee again in the laundry room this morning, and the flowers on the window sill are pretty.
36351_0.jpg

After harvesting some green onions and mints from the vertical planters in the chicken run, I made myself a tea with fresh mints, dried rose petals, and sweet Osmanthus in sugar (the simple way to preserve them). It's very refreshing.

36349.jpg