Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Economist articles and reports that I have read state that real estate prices should continue to rise through 2022. After that? It may be a slow downward trend or maybe a bust, nobody is predicting and really, who knows. I've just been around long enough to know that stupid high prices reach a top, then fall. Texas never really hits bottom, except in the big cities and even then not as bad as other states. I'll be real happy to sit tight in my son's rent house and wait for the right opportunity to come along.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m wondering how many loans are balloons? When their new rate kicks in, watch fore closures take over & market crash. I’m sure there are graphs out there that predict an approximate time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m wondering how many loans are balloons? When their new rate kicks in, watch fore closures take over & market crash. I’m sure there are graphs out there that predict an approximate time.
On Zillow they post price history. So a house didn’t sell a year ago for XX price, it was taken off market for a month, now for sale again, but $100,000 higher. Stupid money. The market has gone insane. The higher the prices go, the faster people buy. FOMO is real! FEAR OF MISSING OUT.

Do lenders still make balloon loans? I thought they stopped that after the last real estate crash. Also don’t see variable interest rates any more. Rates are low, encouraging people to spend big on property. It is a shark feeding frenzy. Add in rising inflation and the perfect storm approacheth.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven’t bought a house in 38+ years, so don’t know. I see on Realtor.com, a lot of house prices starting to be reduced. They threw a stupid number out there, didn’t get it, so now, what will it bring....

Too many are believing “big lie” that IRA’s & 401’s are safe so they are putting their money there instead of paying their cars/houses off. What the don’t get, is they fail to pay for any reason, their retirement $$ will be attached-& they will lose 20+% due to penalties and taxes..... Stock market correction, same result. Being told, it will bounce back.....stock market correction plus raiding it for house payments equals financial disaster.... can’t tell youth though.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Isn’t that the truth! History repeats itself, over and over. Stock market is crazy as real estate right now. At some point it will be a blood bath. Middle class is being priced out of the real estate market. I will happily accept stupid money for the farm and wait for prices to top out, then come down.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Isn’t that the truth! History repeats itself, over and over. Stock market is crazy as real estate right now. At some point it will be a blood bath. Middle class is being priced out of the real estate market. I will happily accept stupid money for the farm and wait for prices to top out, then come down.

it goes up, it comes down.

i saw an article saying that Zillow bought too much real-estate inventory at expensive prices and has been forced to start liquidating some of it at a loss. that is one way a bubble begins to burst. we'll see what happens...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 27°f (-3C) and supposed to be a fairly nice day. Finally, the mornings are back to freezing.

Will check on big veggie garden to see if it has been tilled. Tractor guy likes to do that when the soil is wet but he can't wait too long or it may be snow and not melt.

believing “big lie” that IRA’s & 401’s are safe
Well, they should be for how they were sold as tax policy but as an investment tool for the wealthy, and using "backdoor" schemes, they can be an enormous cache of Peter Thiel billions. Or, a commoner's little research project could lead to an Elon Musk Light of Consciousness where, instead of giving cash to an investment outfit, you just blast it into Space!

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ended up chasing escaped chickens in the cold misty rain yesterday and ended up desperate for something hot. Tried the tea again this time adding some lemon lime I remember my grandmother doing. It’s was much better! The lemon really balanced out the woody taste. That said the combination left an even worse aftertaste.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover , black teas have been a little strong for my tastes. Green, a little too weak. Keep in mind that I'm likely just buying those off the soopermarket shelves.

I'm surprised that this Golden Pak can easily reach a too-long-steeped level. I wonder what my Grandma "Goldie" would think of this oolong. (Maybe like @Pulsegleaner 's thoughts on Prince of Peace - first time I have seen PG use an emoticon in a post :).)

DW says that I make coffee too strong. Well, coffee should taste like nuts, imo :D! And, I avoid DW's pistachios ... Taste and Comfort. Affordability. Availability. Self-indulgence.

Steve

Latest posts