Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I had a Dr appointment yesterday. I went for blood work last week, got results yesterday. I'm healthy as a horse, no issues, except for one very worn out knee that needs replacing. I already knew that. Dr said it is bone on bone, couldn't pass a credit card between them. He asked if I took anything for it (pain) No. He asked if I wanted anything, No. I told him that sometimes I take turmeric for it, it reduces inflammation. The other knee is arthritic, but not as bad. I think he was a little amazed that I wasn't strung out on pain pills. LOL

I quit my job when I was 56 to take care of my Mom after her stroke. There went the insurance! I could have signed up for Obamacare for $900 a month plus a $10,000 deductible, what good was THAT going to do? So I just stayed healthy. I've had Medicare over a year, so decided to go get a check up. I'm fine. I'll get knee fixed after I sell the farm and get moved, settled in and all that stuff. I'll find a farm sitter and come back to Tyler to the same doctor that did my husband's joint replacements, knee, shoulder and hip. Then I'll probably have to go to rehab, because there won't be anybody to take care of me after surgery. At least there I can get daily therapy and get up and on my feet, going again.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I had a Dr appointment yesterday. I went for blood work last week, got results yesterday. I'm healthy as a horse, no issues, except for one very worn out knee that needs replacing. I already knew that. Dr said it is bone on bone, couldn't pass a credit card between them. He asked if I took anything for it (pain) No. He asked if I wanted anything, No. I told him that sometimes I take turmeric for it, it reduces inflammation. The other knee is arthritic, but not as bad. I think he was a little amazed that I wasn't strung out on pain pills. LOL

I quit my job when I was 56 to take care of my Mom after her stroke. There went the insurance! I could have signed up for Obamacare for $900 a month plus a $10,000 deductible, what good was THAT going to do? So I just stayed healthy. I've had Medicare over a year, so decided to go get a check up. I'm fine. I'll get knee fixed after I sell the farm and get moved, settled in and all that stuff. I'll find a farm sitter and come back to Tyler to the same doctor that did my husband's joint replacements, knee, shoulder and hip. Then I'll probably have to go to rehab, because there won't be anybody to take care of me after surgery. At least there I can get daily therapy and get up and on my feet, going again.
Glad your blood work was good and doing well. We are the same age. I would like to have your energy and weight lol. I need to lose weight, but I have good bones so far.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s diet time girls! Cut out the carbs. No processed foods. I know, it’s HARD to do. I love carbs and sweets. I got over 150, am down to 137. I derailed, but in moderation. Chocolate is my weakness. And get active, walking is good exercise. Snacks are so tempting! I started fixing a cup of hot tea, no sugar, when I wanted a snack. It helped cut the snack syndrome. LOL

Break time is over. Going back outside. I’m taking down my tomato trellises. @Ridgerunner was my inspiration to put them up and they have served me well. Now it’s time to move them. Some of those t-posts may have to be water soaked to get them out of the ground! Even with my t-post puller they don’t want to come up!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three cow panels down so far and 10 T-posts. I love my T-post puller!

E555201A-B418-413A-BEE0-D989A73C20FA.jpeg

1 stubborn T-post still in the ground. I’ll soak it with water to soften the dirt.

44B88EB5-9C2A-4EF5-A230-577A8DEE76BA.jpeg

Then I have 6 more cow panels and 15 T-posts to get up. Plus 11 T-posts worth of bean trellis and cut and throw away the hay string on them. Beautiful day today!

Attachments

• D17F7176-E513-464E-B0DD-1F3BED6C73B8.jpeg
    D17F7176-E513-464E-B0DD-1F3BED6C73B8.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 85

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cranberries, that's a good comparison, along with rhubarb. I've grown tulsi a few times, the scent is absolutely heavenly. I never could figure out what to do with it though other than enjoy the fragrance.
Tulsi also makes yummy tea!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Knees are done. I pulled up that stuck T-post. I took down 2 bean trellises, made with T-Posts and hay string. I pulled out the hay string and wadded it up, then rolled up the dead bean vines and put on the burn pile. I pulled 7 more T-Posts and took down 4 more cow panels.

Cow panels

CFBFCFCD-1249-4CB4-A213-9D6F492FD2B0.jpeg

I’ve made a cup of oolong tea. My peaceful place today is my recliner with my feet up. LOL LOL

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Knees are done. I pulled up that stuck T-post. I took down 2 bean trellises, made with T-Posts and hay string. I pulled out the hay string and wadded it up, then rolled up the dead bean vines and put on the burn pile. I pulled 7 more T-Posts and took down 4 more cow panels.

Cow panels

View attachment 44848

I’ve made a cup of oolong tea. My peaceful place today is my recliner with my feet up. LOL LOL
Did I miss the post about what the realtor said about your farm? Selling a house is a lot of work. I've always admired you for all that you did on that farm with your husband. But please make sure to kick back and rest some days so you don't get sick.
I am also in a decluttering mood and am getting rid of all kinds of stuff.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did I miss the post about what the realtor said about your farm? Selling a house is a lot of work. I've always admired you for all that you did on that farm with your husband. But please make sure to kick back and rest some days so you don't get sick.
I am also in a decluttering mood and am getting rid of all kinds of stuff.
The realtors went crazy for this place. They loved the land, what we have done with it, loved the trees, the privacy, the quiet. They liked the porch on the double wide, the floors. They liked the horse barn, pig pen, sheep barn and garden. It’s family ready. They called me a couple of days later and hit me with a number. Prices on real estate are stupid high. This school district is very desirable, people will pay almost anything to live here. Stupid money.

As we walked around, I told them what I was going to get done before selling it and they agreed. Getting all my “farm stuff” off , mowing and keeping the garden tilled and ready to go. LOL

Come spring, it will be green, the clovers start blooming and the land is pretty. I’m going after that stupid money. Hahaha. I don’t expect it to sell at the number they gave me. I expect an offer and negotiation. My daughter has been watching prices here and thinks it’s feasible. I guess we’ll see.

Prices continue to rise all over East Texas and other states too. It can’t keep going like this. I think we are in a real estate bubble. When it pops, there’s gonna be some mighty unhappy people.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am glad you will get return for all the money you have invested in the place. And sweat equity!
It is a sellers market and you are right that the bubble may burst soon. Hopefully long after you have sold your place :)

The new owners will love the soil in your garden lol. I know i would.

The realtors went crazy for this place. They loved the land, what we have done with it, loved the trees, the privacy, the quiet. They liked the porch on the double wide, the floors. They liked the horse barn, pig pen, sheep barn and garden. It’s family ready. They called me a couple of days later and hit me with a number. Prices on real estate are stupid high. This school district is very desirable, people will pay almost anything to live here. Stupid money.

As we walked around, I told them what I was going to get done before selling it and they agreed. Getting all my “farm stuff” off , mowing and keeping the garden tilled and ready to go. LOL

Come spring, it will be green, the clovers start blooming and the land is pretty. I’m going after that stupid money. Hahaha. I don’t expect it to sell at the number they gave me. I expect an offer and negotiation. My daughter has been watching prices here and thinks it’s feasible. I guess we’ll see.

Prices continue to rise all over East Texas and other states too. It can’t keep going like this. I think we are in a real estate bubble. When it pops, there’s gonna be some mighty unhappy people.

Latest posts