Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beauty berry. I enjoy the purple clusters of berries in the fall. Jelly can be made from the berries but is rather tasteless. So citrus fruits must be added to give the jelly flavor. I have eaten beauty berry jelly, but never made any.

B87C8377-99EB-403D-8702-37E2A6731303.jpeg

I heard a car honking, it was a neighbor bringing back a dish. I had taken them a blackberry cobbler when they had company.
When I went through the gate, I snapped a picture of a praying mantis on the gatepost.

7514A385-7494-47F7-B59A-A91DEA4ADCC7.jpeg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
As you start your new journey of life, these pix and fond memories will be loved even more. Leaving a past where you took nothing and built it into your sanctuary that you both loved along with your grands, makes it harder. I get that as I want to live much closer to grands but don’t want to give up what I have.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule, pretty berries and nice to see those bugs around. i always try to move them to a safer place when i see them and i'm trimming, mowing or working in a garden. we have green ones and brown praying mantisses. yesterday there was a brown male that i moved from one place to be near a flower where it could catch a meal if it needed one. in a few days if they haven't already mated and laid eggs the colder nights are going to finish them off for the season.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
sometimes we just don't know... stuff happens. records get destroyed or changed. words and meanings change their use.

i'm amazed we can actually make any sense at all of hiroglyphics or some of those other ancient writings (yes i know my spellink is off there).
It's sad but true, history will totally be forgotten in the not so distant future because of all the reasons you have mentioned.plus this world is caring less and less about the true facts.

It's such a shame

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee now. Going to Corpus Christi to see my granddaughters, oh their parents too. Lol It's a 7 hour drive, one way. Waiting on day light so I can go feed, neighbor Robert will take care of sheep and dogs while I'm gone. I'll come back on Sunday.
Hope you enjoy your visit with your family! Be safe on the drive.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope that you have a warm and happy time, Bay'.

That is the part of Texas that I gained a little experience with :). The other parts, it was mostly just gittin thru! Seven hours ... well, that's a good long drive.

Remember to take breaks - even if you don't think that you need them. Going and coming. It might be even more important on Sunday :). You might be a little tired, relaxed, distracted by pleasant thoughts :). Remember to take care of yourself.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions. I’m planning on going to the store tomorrow and I’ll look for some oolong and probably some earl grey which is what my mom used to like. I might try mint later. I’m picky about mint especially peppermint. My mom ate peppermints like popcorn when I was in middle school and it’s been years but I still can’t stand the smell it makes me gag. Fresh mint is usually okay for some reason though so I think tea will be a toss up.
Carol Dee once sent me some dried mint from her garden. That was the best cup of mint tea I've ever had! She said she just put mint in a paper bag to let it dry.

Mary