Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's about all that I would want done with a bouillon cube 🤣.

French toast with cantaloupe for breakfast. And, this is about the last of the Goddess F1. (Is a hybrid "goddess" a contradiction?)

They took such a beating in that hailstorm, I'm lucky that there were so many survivors. I posted the picture of the eggplant because it seemed so surprising that a vertical fruit would be hit so hard. Squash and pumpkin, with their tuff skins, escaped with a few scars. Melons were small but blam! Extra long season and heat, vines liked that at least.

Melons ... :) one of the primary reasons that I'm a gardener :).

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes! No salt. Blech.

I’m up, dressed, had coffee, waiting on pancakes, OJ and more coffee. I’m walking good , MUCH better than before.
Yeah, food at the hospital was no fun, and would be considerably LESS fun if I ever went back (the last time, they were so focused on brining down my infection and my blood sugar that, so long as I didn't try and order anything sugary, the nutritionist more or less left my food decisions to myself (at my local hospital, you order off a menu of options.) THAT time around, now that they have a more complete picture of my general health, and would also be concerned with my cholesterol, blood pressure, state of heart AND weight loss plan, god knows what they would actually allow me to eat, if anything (it would be entirely within possibility for them to simply hook me up to an IV and not let me eat or drink ANYTHING while I was there so that, if they wanted to do any surgery at some point, they wouldn't have to pre-schedule it, and could simply do it whenever they felt they had the time.)

The other food problem I had there was my Mom deciding to chew out the nutritionist about the inadequate menu on my behalf, WITHOUT me asking her to or giving my approval (Mom is like that, she has not problem stirring up a fight on behalf of someone else, whether or not they asked or want her to.), and thus leaving me in a very delicate situation (with me in bed recovering, the last thing I needed was the hospital staff developing questions as to whether my own home and my own parents were good for my recovery long term. And if I had chewed out Mom the way I wanted to for that, they might have begin investigating my mental and emotional state MUCH EARLIER in my treatment, and once I was bounced from the regular hospital, they could have sent me to the mental hospital, in which case there would be some question as to me EVER getting out (Without going into too much detail, in New York, mental hospitals get MUCH more money from the state for every patient than they actually have to spend on them, so mental patients are extremely profitable assets, profitable enough to encourage the hospitals to have as manty as possible, which lead then to encourage to insist the doctors and psychiatrists do everything they can to make each patient's stay as long as possible, and to recommend as many as possible for long term to permanent residency.)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Melons ... :) one of the primary reasons that I'm a gardener :).

perhaps this is impossible, but any recommendations to consider for melons that aren't too long of a season type, but will still give a good melon towards the end of the season? i like the Petit Gris de Rennes for flavor but they fade after the hotter weather is past us and times like now when we get some sunshine and rains before the frosts arrive i'd still like to have a melon that would taste ok.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
perhaps this is impossible, but any recommendations to consider for melons that aren't too long of a season type, but will still give a good melon towards the end of the season? i like the Petit Gris de Rennes for flavor but they fade after the hotter weather is past us and times like now when we get some sunshine and rains before the frosts arrive i'd still like to have a melon that would taste ok.
*glances out the window at the Petit Gris de Rennes that hasn't ripened yet*

😭

Latest posts