Coffee

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@digitS' We’re looking at a hard frost/freeze now. Lows here are predicted to be around 30 two nights in a row. Most recent most by the local weather station below. It’s certainly crazy that you haven’t seen frost yet where you are but we have this coming already. Definitely feeling concerned about this being a hard winter here.
922ECD34-F7E4-4C48-A55B-9E0E240ADD6B.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Eke site meant -- it was out(doors).

Everything was out doors and one eked out a life. Why, even my bathtub was outdoors. "Draining" my basin for washing dishes -- open the backdoor, take a step to gain direction and momentum, toss.

My income was from a second mortgage that I held and seasonal farm work. Creature comforts? Outdoors. Cabin fever during subzero weather. Radio was in the pickup. TV? Telephone? Electricity? Ha! I could function with wood heat and a wood cookstove. Kerosene lamps were a great discomfort, turns out. Dark - go to sleep. An interesting few years.

Steve 🤠

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Laundry is on my list of things to do for today. Big excitement.
I also did a lot of laundry today. After I found the boiler room kept a constant and comparatively warm temperature, I used it for drying the laundry. This winter, I will paint and give a new look to our basement.
1665764023547.png

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back from the trip to the Walmart.

While Walmart's IN GENERAL may have extensive bead departments, this PARTICULAR one's one was almost nonexistent. I only got three things, and two of those were just accent materials; a box of seed beads (which I only got because it had brown, and I have trouble finding brown) and a small pack of glass pony beads (and no, that isn't the shape, pony beads are large holed pressed cylindrical beads made of glass or plastic. Some people use them in their hair (or in horse's hair I guess, hence the name)).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning !

72126312-AFFD-4276-B173-83BC766C4C76.jpeg
After all these Years, is it Possible that we Still Believe that it's Butter?

Having banana waffles this morning and remembering how common this breakfast was once for me :).

It's 40° outdoors and was 78° at the nearest weather station, yesterday - a little warmer than usual. But, the house is 63°, again. It made it up to 67° after we came back with all the Winter squash from the garden and the windows were open for about 4 hours. Guess we could've opened the doors ... Surprising how walls, furniture, etc. hold temperatures down as well as UP.

:) Steve
back to edit in °C after breakfast ;)

Planning garden clean-up and wondering if it will actually come before first frost. Nah. I don't want it to! Prep work first will be fine.
  • 40°f = 4°C
  • 78°f = 26°C
  • 63°f = 17°C
  • 67°f = 19°C
Steve

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@digitS' , this year's after-party-bacon & pancakes breakfast, I Finally made terrific pancakes.
Somehow I seem to forget the baking powder, and they don't rise.
I made my first batch of blueberry syrup this last Spring! I spied some fresh blueberries, bought them, froze them, then made/canned it.
The verdict? Tastes great, needs thickening, but everybody tried some on their pancakes. I still have some corn syrup based pancake syrup, but when I buy another jar of maple syrup I will probably throw them away.
The taste just isn't there.
Dunno about whether it tastes like butter, or not.
I think my tastes are still off, from Covid last August. DH has eaten the cucumbers that I grew this Fall. He won't touch cucumbers in a salad at a restaurant.
I can't really taste the difference.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready y’all! Oolong and green tea bag’s available also. I have PT this morning. NOT taking any more hydrocodone pain pills. I’ve only taken 7 in 3 weeks, so not taking any more. They don’t take the pain away, only dull it a little, knee still hurts. The hydrocodone really screws up my system. Doctor prescribed Famotidine for upset stomach and stool softener for constipation, plus Celecoxib for inflammation. Only took a couple of those before I ditched them. The list of side effects are horrendous and heart attack, stroke, blood clots, all sound pretty permanent to me. So I’ve taken turmeric mixed with black pepper for inflammation, Arnicare pills for pain and Arnicare cream to rub on back of knee and leg. What that didn’t cover, I cried. Suck it up buttercup. I’ve turned the corner, pain is much better, still there, but manageable. I’m back on my vitamins, give body what it needs to repair itself for much better long term results, instead a fist full of poison drugs twice a day for instant results and long term damage. WTH is wrong with modern medicine?

Rant over. LOL

Latest posts