Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Luckily it’s been sunny today so despite the cold it’s still a reasonable temp in the house still.

Unluckily we’ve had no luck finding a repairman that can come out the same day. Also we can’t find the space heaters we’ve been putting off pulling out of storage. I think might have a heated blanket somewhere but it’s looking like it’s going to be a cold night here.

cuddle weather! :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. (Or, since it is just afternoon in parts of Europe, Good Afternoon ☀️.)

Well, I challenged the slow slide of indoor temperatures by firing up the forced air furnace. High Noon yesterday, and I asked DW to be outside for awhile and I had some things to do. It was 63°f (17C) in the closed up house so I pushed the thermostat up a few degrees higher and checked downstairs. Yep, it started - out we go. Back in an hour, I pushed it up again and out again. Seemed a little dusty after another hour.

It was 69f (21C) and DW, on the phone every minute throughout :D, complained that it was too warm. Mind you, we had a high of 73 (23C) outdoors 😃. I turned the Dyson air purifier more directly her way (she soon moved). The thermostat was turned down and by bedtime temp was back to 67f.

It's a fairly well insulated little house - it is just that nearly everything in it has been cooler than our outdoor highs for days on end. Outdoor air never quite hit Unhealthy from wildfire smoke until this morning. Everything is just a slow slide with the WService saying we have wind at zero mph ... from the N. I'm under a throw blanket but it's Breakfast Time!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Halloween is just around the corner. The snow level is not supposed to be dropping below 3,000 feet over the next 7 days but I'm wondering if our stormy weather next week will result in snow down here for the trick or treaters ...

There's a book in the library that I'm thinking of taking out that just might get me in the mood for Trick or Treat Night. It's called The Apparitionists by Manseau. The book is about this guy:

William H. Mumler

Great name, don't ya think :D. Photography was in its early days and Mumler faked pictures with ghosts seeming to appear in his portraits. Somehow acquitted in a trial for fraud but with further analysis of the new media ... Weelll. Here's a picture P.T. Barnum had done to show how these guys faked people out and made a "killing" doing it.

Barnum_lincoln.jpg

Steve with, let's see, looks over his shoulder ... ... Jeff Davis looking on after his second breakfast

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Oolong in the cup, Oatmeal in the bowl with dried apricot, honey &cream cheese, Persimmons on the side. No, very self-sufficently deficient here, having grown nothing ...

Up a little late, trouble staying asleep early with coughing. Today, Today! This wildfire smoke iis blowing away!

Steve
wondering if he should pick on @seedcorn for wasting space on Brussels sprouts because he, steve, doesn't like them 😝

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Oolong in the cup, Oatmeal in the bowl with dried apricot, honey &cream cheese, Persimmons on the side. No, very self-sufficently deficient here, having grown nothing ...

Up a little late, trouble staying asleep early with coughing. Today, Today! This wildfire smoke iis blowing away!

Steve
wondering if he should pick on @seedcorn for wasting space on Brussels sprouts because he, steve, doesn't like them 😝
The way they were fixed-boiled-I hated them. Told over the grill, excellent. Thought I’d find out. Problem, huge plants, healthy plants bur NO sprouts......