Coffee

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ve lived at times with no central heat. Space heaters, propane, are nice. The room may be chilly, but the heater is hot and nice to back up to. LOL A couple of times I only had a wood burning heater. I have luxury with central air and heat. There is a place in the kitchen for a propane heater, I’m looking for a used one. Power goes off in storms. I’d rather not be cold and miserable.

What kind of space heaters do you have? If barely above freezing, that’s not very good.
Sorry. I should I have clarified. The space heaters keep the house plenty warm. It stays above 60 and we could probably get it warmer if we weren’t concerned with the electric bill. It’s the outside that was that cold.
Luckily Someone should be coming to fix it soon. We’ve been waiting for parts to come in.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning!

Fell asleep after my 4am breakfast. Before dozing off, I was deep in the weeds of word meanings and origins. Or, just skimming the surface. I remember so few words from one language's dictionary.

Woke myself up talking. I was talking to an elderly lady at a library. She had joined a group of us as we were sitting around in the more comfortable chairs seemingly, with some point in our being there. I had the idea that she was a regular library patron.

After some friendly small talk, she asked why we were all there.

I struggled to say that I was interested in words and it was a good choice of places to be :D.

Dreams and their meaning - epic thread 😂. Easy as pie to know why we were hobnobbing. Hobnob. I'd checked on the etymology of that word just before dozing off. It is from gathering to have drinks: First, I have (hob). Then, I have not (nob). Ha! Pour yourself another cup!

:D Steve

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I was thinking about my friend, who DD's affectionately called, "Daniel-son" after "The Karate Kid."
He was at my last party, and I went inside to take care of my old dog. He came in to bring his wife more chili and we got to talking for an hour.
When we both went back to the party bonfire ALL of the chairs had moved 8 ft closer to the fire.

Attachments

• Bonfire#1, 10-08-22.jpg
    Bonfire#1, 10-08-22.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 42

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made some name Matcha chocolate yesterday. It's a kind of Ganache made with white chocolate (Cacao 35% above), Japanese Matcha powder, and heavy cream.

I added some roasted popped brown rice (genmai) in the upper Matcha part and then used 65% dark chocolate with some raisins for the lower part.

Better than whatever I can buy in any Confectionery shop or Café.
1668597065551.png

Our neighbors on both sides also received some. :D
704.jpg

705.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have plain ol’ coffee ready. Lol I have therapy this morning, then a meet and greet doctor appointment. Nothing wrong, just getting my foot in the door and becoming a patient.

Need to run through the grocery store for a few things on the Thanksgiving list.

Then to Lowes for 1x12 lumber, a clothing pole and brackets.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee & oatmeal-my normal. Wife found a bag of 8 O’Clock coffee beans for around $15 so I’m good for a while. Bag size is now 30:Oz instead of 33 Oz. Fresh ground is so much better.

Had to buy some 1X2’s for work.....man are they small. Really 1/2” by 1 1/4. Wish they would use the correct measurements and just price them where they need to price them. House that uses new 2X4’s would be real unstable. Since a 2X4 is really a 1X3.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made some name Matcha chocolate yesterday. It's a kind of Ganache made with white chocolate (Cacao 35% above), Japanese Matcha powder, and heavy cream.

I added some roasted popped brown rice (genmai) in the upper Matcha part and then used 65% dark chocolate with some raisins for the lower part.

Better than whatever I can buy in any Confectionery shop or Café.
View attachment 53472

Our neighbors on both sides also received some. :D
View attachment 53473

View attachment 53474

i'd be bouncing off the walls with that much caffiene! lol looks delicious though. would definitely try.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee & oatmeal-my normal. Wife found a bag of 8 O’Clock coffee beans for around $15 so I’m good for a while. Bag size is now 30:Oz instead of 33 Oz. Fresh ground is so much better.

Had to buy some 1X2’s for work.....man are they small. Really 1/2” by 1 1/4. Wish they would use the correct measurements and just price them where they need to price them. House that uses new 2X4’s would be real unstable. Since a 2X4 is really a 1X3.

it's hold over from when there was raw lumber vs. finished/planed lumber. 2x4s have always been 3 & 1/2 by 1 & 1/2 since i was a kid.

Latest posts