Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks my friend I'm going to start this tomorrow. I just can't wait :drool to eat this pudding.

My aunt used too soak them but I cannot remember if it was hot or cold water 🤔

did she use the big ones or the small ones? in most of the videos i see giving recipes they've been using the small ones. the instant stuff i have is even smaller than the small ones i'm seeing in those vids. i imagine it all tastes about the same once it's cooked - just the texture/lumpiness would change...

i hope it turns out well (and even if it doesn't you can keep trying to perfect your recipe and techniques as many times as you'd like :) ).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had therapy yesterday morning, then a doctor appointment, got to see the PA. I think he was sorta put out that I wasn’t sick or had some chronic condition for him to “fix”. Too bad. LOL I just need to be on record somewhere as a patient for that once in a every few years or so, when I get sick enough to see a doctor and once a year for lab and check up. He tried to recommend all sorts of shots and tests, I just said no.

Then to Walmart for groceries. That place was a zoo and it will only get worse between now and Christmas.

I went to Lowes for a short stack of 1x12 lumber, over $300. Gheesh. Not even what I consider real pretty boards, they had dings and splinters. Choice was ugly and uglier. Oh well, cover it up with paint.

By the time I got home, unloaded and put everything away, it was 3:00. I was tired and took a nap. LOL

Counting me, there will be 10 people sleeping here for Thanksgiving. I’m out of beds. Target has full size air mattresses on sale for $40, there are 4 left, I need 2. Y’all know where I’ll be at 8 AM when the store opens! LOL

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I understand the wood industry. But a 2X4 is a 2X4. A 1X3 is not a 2X4. I'm old enough to remember , buy and use real 2X4’s. Wasn't that long ago that a 1X2 was at least close.

Kroger put my preferred brand on sale-after we bought a bag. Will get some back ups. Now that I’ve gotten used to fresh ground, really don’t want to go back to ground in a can. By the time I use it up, too much of the flavor has been lost to the air. Yes, I’m old, spoiled and will drink what I want as long as I can afford it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kiln drying, they will claim, changes dimensions.

Fell down the rabbit hole this morning. Had looked last night for paternal grandparents in 1930 census. They had made a 2 year stop between SE Oklahoma and New Mexico. My oldest uncle told me that they had to wait until the boys were old enough to pick cotton to make that move ;). Next door was the home of Red Bird and Red Feather, an elderly couple's household :).

This morning, I was curious if the other grandparents in 1930 already had their house "in town." They did. I once worked with an old guy who grew up on both a farm in Montana and in a town in California. I don't think that this was too uncommon for country folks to do this.

Mom's family weren't migrating all that far - kinda, over-the-hill. Grandfather wasn't much of a farmer. Grandma Goldie was the country girl. Summers with the big garden and the springhouse. I know that they were there during some winters and made use of that one room school house. But, that must have been quite an experience since their "driveway" was a good mile long with no other houses and thru the southern Oregon forest.

Grandfather was working in town ... they had a family joke about Santa Claus showing up late one Christmas, Grandma told them. Fortunately, Grandfather found him and his sleigh where it was stuck in a tree so he was able to bring the bag of presents home with him.

:D Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
did she use the big ones or the small ones? in most of the videos i see giving recipes they've been using the small ones. the instant stuff i have is even smaller than the small ones i'm seeing in those vids. i imagine it all tastes about the same once it's cooked - just the texture/lumpiness would change...

i hope it turns out well (and even if it doesn't you can keep trying to perfect your recipe and techniques as many times as you'd like :) ).
It went into one big lump this morning I think I may have to discarded it and start again. I couldn't strain it at all

There's is still hard parts too it
20221117_141321.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read that ladybirds are great for keeping nasty bugs off our house plants
They do, but if that many ladybirds are clustered together, they're probably the invasive Asian ones that actually bite and are considered a pest ( as well as causing native ladybug populations to collapse).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They do, but if that many ladybirds are clustered together, they're probably the invasive Asian ones that actually bite and are considered a pest ( as well as causing native ladybug populations to collapse).
If they wipe out lady birds I'd do my very best to drive them away

Is there anything they don't like

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 53491
Finally I got a sort of pudding, next time I will try another way.

yes, look up the youtube videos and instructions using the smaller tapioca pearls. i think they're easier to deal with and should cook faster.

personally i'm quite ok with the minute version and so i'm not doing the soaking and pre-cooking at all. it just goes into the bowl, mixed, sits for five minutes, stir, cook in the microwave (stirring every four minutes) until it comes to a good boil and then i cool it off and it goes into the fridge. i don't much like it warm so i have to get it cold before i eat it.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
yes, look up the youtube videos and instructions using the smaller tapioca pearls. i think they're easier to deal with and should cook faster.

personally i'm quite ok with the minute version and so i'm not doing the soaking and pre-cooking at all. it just goes into the bowl, mixed, sits for five minutes, stir, cook in the microwave (stirring every four minutes) until it comes to a good boil and then i cool it off and it goes into the fridge. i don't much like it warm so i have to get it cold before i eat it.
I 🤔 I'll try to make the tea out of these large ones.

Latest posts