Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Not into Apple, with great apologies to the late and great Rush Limbaugh, RIP.
2 years ago DD's and I got new Samsung phones, we got a free tablet then, and the two of and them just upgraded again on Black Friday. Tablet was supposed to be for DH, but he never took to it. Eldest DD has been using it to edit videos. She might change her mind when she FINALLY replaces her old jankety laptop. MY laptop isn't top of the line, but nice eNOUGH that DH borrowed it for a trial where he was using PowerPoint, and Eldest DD borrowed it two weekends ago for a panel she was doing at Colllosolcom.
It IS time that all 3 of them get their own new laptops! :rant
I wanted a laptop ever since I was working at a place in the mid 1990's and their CAB deptartment was buying laptops, $5Kish. That was pretty steep THEN. Got my first laptop inb 2014. THIS laptop was around $700 on sale, and I had to replace another good laptop that was fried during a t-storm power surge.
I love the 17.3 inch screen, the downside is that the keyboard is hard to see in the dark. Youngest DD needs to replace her Sony VIOU that has a lit up keyboard.
I Pads and Tablets are just big cell phones.
We got a bag phone in 1987, and DH and I have had cell's ever since. I treat mine like it's made of gold. Costs too muich $ to replace, like some fools, who get angry, throw their phone and crack the display.
These are the same people who used to break their own dishes when angry. Never Could understand such behavior.
OR, shove the phones in their pockets, bend over and it crashes to the sidewalk.
Anywho...coffee with hot chocolate mix for dessert after lunch today.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not into Apple, with great apologies to the late and great Rush Limbaugh, RIP.
2 years ago DD's and I got new Samsung phones, we got a free tablet then, and the two of and them just upgraded again on Black Friday. Tablet was supposed to be for DH, but he never took to it. Eldest DD has been using it to edit videos. She might change her mind when she FINALLY replaces her old jankety laptop. MY laptop isn't top of the line, but nice eNOUGH that DH borrowed it for a trial where he was using PowerPoint, and Eldest DD borrowed it two weekends ago for a panel she was doing at Colllosolcom.
It IS time that all 3 of them get their own new laptops! :rant
I wanted a laptop ever since I was working at a place in the mid 1990's and their CAB deptartment was buying laptops, $5Kish. That was pretty steep THEN. Got my first laptop inb 2014. THIS laptop was around $700 on sale, and I had to replace another good laptop that was fried during a t-storm power surge.
I love the 17.3 inch screen, the downside is that the keyboard is hard to see in the dark. Youngest DD needs to replace her Sony VIOU that has a lit up keyboard.
I Pads and Tablets are just big cell phones.
We got a bag phone in 1987, and DH and I have had cell's ever since. I treat mine like it's made of gold. Costs too muich $ to replace, like some fools, who get angry, throw their phone and crack the display.
These are the same people who used to break their own dishes when angry. Never Could understand such behavior.
OR, shove the phones in their pockets, bend over and it crashes to the sidewalk.
Anywho...coffee with hot chocolate mix for dessert after lunch today.
I'm not into Apple either. I'm an Android user.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gid Moaning.

First breakfast finished. Garbanzo the Dog had me up at 2AM - she was thirsty ... then, she needed to go out to go potty.

I didn't hurry to have breakfast. I'll need to save my energy. It's snowing hard. The WS had the timing a little wrong. It wasn't snowing at 2. I'm not sure if that means we will have less snow or it is just late. Schools are closed so I won't have kids traipsing by 8 - 9.

S'

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took hubs laptop into a repair shop yesterday. Its only 1.5 yrs old. He barely uses it. But he had demolished the screen. I was quote $263 to replace the screen. The young man said it would be cheaper to buy hubs a tablet. So I online shopped. Since hubs knows Android, I got him a Samsung Android tablet and I splurged for the $39 insurance. I'm an apple gal, and I used to have Apples for work, but can't afford an apple laptop. So its an HP for me for my daily use.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Sorry to hear about the screen damage! :hugs
There is goinbg to be a REAL problem soon with Apple products soon. They have been in bed with China for far too long. China may decided to kick them out. Government made minor concessions to the protestors, but I think there will be more protests. The people are losing faith in their government.
Why NOT?!?!
Recently their government locked some citizens in an apartment building for COVID restrictions, the building caught fire and all residents were burned to death.
You will know that there is revoluntary change when the police join them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Apple bowed to their conqueror, and took the Air Drop app off all China phones so the protesters could no longer communicate.

Apple is making noises about kicking Twitter off their App Store. It seems that Apple is against free speech, not only in China, but here too. That means us. That means me. I have an Apple phone.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm going to be selfish and put my head in the sand. I bought 50 shares of Apple back in the late 80's. Nuthin more. Its now a large of my retirement fund. Next year I'll be selling some of it for income.

Latest posts