Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The HP all-in-1 gave out about a week ago. I'm gonna find out if it warrants repair cost -- HP says hardware problem!

Rush? I have had a kindle fire for maybe 10 years. Every time I'm using the keyboard and type "Steve," it suggests "Jobs?"

Screenshot_2022-11-30-15-54-04_kindlephoto-70092107.png
Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This is a good price:
I shop for printers at Staples. Don't like Epson or Lexmark.
HP is reliable. Dell is very good but costs more. Canon makes a very good printer, too.
For a little bit more $, I love the Canon Imageclass:
Broher makes nice machines, too.
If you want color:
I recommend laser. Unless you are printing iron on's for t shirrts, where an inkjet works better, laser cartridges don't dry out. If you print infrequently you will want this. Also ink cartridges, when left idle, will dry out and need replacement.
Ink cartridges and laser toners cost about the same.
IF you buy a laser, the toners that are loaded are only 1/2 full, so you would want to buy an additional black toner wher you buy the printer.
I sent DD to law school with (at that time) a 7 yo HP1020 (laser) printer and an unopened extra toner, which she never used. I didn't want her going to the library in the middle of the night just to print work.
I finally opened same toner last year. No problems.
Coffee with vanilla yogurt this morning.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Another morning to be out and about. With our snow storm, temperatures came up and were just above freezing during the final hours. That helped with cleanup :).

I was out 3 times with the shovel and paths are still clear after about 6+" of new snow. The nearest WS station to record such things has 10" on the ground. I wanted to see about mountain snow pack but I think it's good. It hasn't been updated online.

There was a major accident yesterday afternoon on the i90 pass over to Seattle. That closed things down but the plows were out. Wouldn't it be nice if they came down my road today while I have the car away from the curb? Could sneak over and park in the school teachers lot ... Nah.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drinking a little more coffee the last few days. Feeling a lot better and more active. I have a cardiology appointment tomorrow and I hope to get off this one medicine I am on. I am not sure if the vitamins my brother bought me helped me to feel better, but things changed a few days after starting the vitamins. I am not unemployed for the first time in over 20 some years and before that was only about a year of being unemployed since graduating high school. I have been a medical transcriptionist for about 22 years but only part time. Most of the work is going to India and the pay is bad. They told me lack of work was the reason letting me go. They say they lose accounts, but they go to India after the American MT's get the account going. I am glad it is over with, I do have an Etsy shop and I might just try to make a little more with that. Whatever I do, I have to get well. I could not hold down even a part time job right now. Lots of snow and turning into rain. DD's husband fell on the ice yesterday and hurt his knee bad. DS has been feeding the rabbits for me. I was going to start going out and taking back over my job, but I think I will wait until the ice is gone.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
YES, on the Etsy shop!! There is a lady there that I met in Colorado, and I think her business is called, "Rescue Woolies." She buys used 100% wool items and creates new items from them. Her work at mirror imaging patterns for mittens is outstanding.
DD's would buy from an Etsy dealer in a heartbeat and avoid Amazon and others.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Drinking a little more coffee the last few days. Feeling a lot better and more active. I have a cardiology appointment tomorrow and I hope to get off this one medicine I am on. I am not sure if the vitamins my brother bought me helped me to feel better, but things changed a few days after starting the vitamins. I am not unemployed for the first time in over 20 some years and before that was only about a year of being unemployed since graduating high school. I have been a medical transcriptionist for about 22 years but only part time. Most of the work is going to India and the pay is bad. They told me lack of work was the reason letting me go. They say they lose accounts, but they go to India after the American MT's get the account going. I am glad it is over with, I do have an Etsy shop and I might just try to make a little more with that. Whatever I do, I have to get well. I could not hold down even a part time job right now. Lots of snow and turning into rain. DD's husband fell on the ice yesterday and hurt his knee bad. DS has been feeding the rabbits for me. I was going to start going out and taking back over my job, but I think I will wait until the ice is gone.
I did medical transcription for a few years for some internal medicine doctors. I got so busy that I trained my daughter how to do it and we typed side by side for about a year. We had lots of fun racing each other to see who could type the fastest! I was paid by the line, so the contest between the two of us was to get the most lines done by the end of the day. It was a good way to make the job more interesting!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
YES, on the Etsy shop!! There is a lady there that I met in Colorado, and I think her business is called, "Rescue Woolies." She buys used 100% wool items and creates new items from them. Her work at mirror imaging patterns for mittens is outstanding.
DD's would buy from an Etsy dealer in a heartbeat and avoid Amazon and others.
I purchase almost all of the gifts I buy from Etsy!

Latest posts