Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My best friend died in January and her daughter who I have not seen since she was like 15 and is 40 something now with kids, texted DD that she wants to come to Idaho on a plane from Kansas with her 17-year-old daughter and her 7 year old daughter and SURPRISE ME. She told DD not to tell me, well DD and I don't play that game. DD is pretending not to have told me and she was going to help me kind of spruce up my place but she is sick and the kids and so I have been cleaning, but really I do not have money to do much. She told DD that she would like for DD to take me to a restaurant and they walk in and surprise me and DD said we don't have money for restaurants LOL so now I guess it i coffee shop or something, but we will have to bring the 3 kids. I almost thought well I know when they are coming and I could tear the kitchen apart and get my paint cans out and say OH you should have told me you were coming and I would not have started. WANT TO HELP PAINT? LOL I am just going to clean like a normal person and try to be happy, but really this has annoyed me some. DD and kids are basically well and the girls are coming Friday and I am going to have DD help me entertain. Her little girl might like playing with Evelyn and Izzy, but I think she has plans to sight see and I am not in to that at all.
I'm hoping this turns out to be a lovely experience ☺

Sometimes when we are put out by a visit it turns out we'll. She must have fond memories of you to travel all that way

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee this morning, a cup of peaceful mind
P_20230515_075011_1.jpg

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all!!
Sorry I didn't get on at all last week and have a pot of coffee for all to enjoy FH had to work nights so it was hard on me too plus I was dealing with a pup who had a wound on his neck and I couldn't get out of said pups eye sight even for a few seconds without said pup goin into a separation attack.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I choked down some coffee, the Fen helped me clean out 2 of the 9? raised beds and celebrating pig’s eviction. Then he stupidvised while I began stuffing feed bags into other feed bags…there are literally hundreds of empty feed bags stacked higher than me and the entire 16’ depth of my narrow tack area blocking my access to my saddles. Who the h3ll does that? Sometimes I could throttle TheMan. He’s lucky I love him. :barnie

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I hoard mine, but I have only been keeping about a dozen. I store seventeen 50 pound bags of sweet feed, buy 3x/year, so they pile up.
BUT, if you ever break a window or have to throw away glass, THESE are the bags to use bc the glass won't poke through them.
I can usually fold 6 bags into a 7th, if that helps...

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hoard mine, but I have only been keeping about a dozen. I store seventeen 50 pound bags of sweet feed, buy 3x/year, so they pile up.
BUT, if you ever break a window or have to throw away glass, THESE are the bags to use bc the glass won't poke through them.
I can usually fold 6 bags into a 7th, if that helps...
It would help if you fold mine 😂

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Strawberries and banana in the honeynut Cheerios. Oolong in the cup with herbal in the kettle. It pleased me to add some dried cranberries to the homegrown this morning. I hope the berry sweetness isn't just added sugar but if it is, it is ... :)

The bag of anise hyssop had the last of the frozen 2022 crop. There are plenty of plants started and joining the 4 plants from 2022 for this year. But, all are very tiny at the moment. I will be looking at them with a very critical eye in the near future, deciding when it is safe to begin harvesting. An attempt will be made to keep them from getting past me and blooming but, it is a difficult task ;).

It should be noted that the blooms probably have even more flavor than the leaves but they are a bit messy and tiny bits have the chance of showing up in the cup. Ongoing pruning tends to encourage more and smaller blooms by late in the season. The plants seem determined to set seeds.

Today will involve a return to the distant garden with the sprinkler cans. I "made the circuit" yesterday watering the new transplants after learning of the water district's problem with a bad gasket. However, it was a bare minimum of moisture and these temperatures could be overwhelming to the little things.

I checked the radar map repeatedly for thunderstorms in that location after returning home yesterday afternoon. Didn't look like it happened. There is a 40% chance today but that ain't good enuf. Sprinkled here at home.

Steve

Latest posts