Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am having coffee and deciding what to do. I had the plants out yesterday and only one cherry tomato looked a little droopy in the sun, so I put it back in the shade. I was going to plant some today, but it rained. I am not sure how muddy it is yet.

I got the pole beans planted and some lettuce, radishes and Swiss chard. I put a couple of kale plants in the ground and a cabbage that was getting root bound. I turned the sprinkler on because I thought it would not rain, so the ground got wet from that and then I get up this morning and it is raining, so I am sure it is really muddy out there.

The weather reports says more rain today, tonight and tomorrow, but they keep changing it. I might have to wait until Thursday now to plant and I cannot do it all in one day and then Friday the company comes and the weather report is we will be in the 80s with warmer temps at night.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hands and wrists pretty sore from pulling weeds out of raised beds and stuffing feed bag’s yesterday. No good with RA.
Fen has been gardening this morning…
IMG_3765.jpeg

I think living with this puppy calls for something stronger than cream in my coffee…😵‍💫

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had coffee and I got peppers planted and cucumbers today. I planted the kale and cabbage yesterday. It was not that muddy. I am getting ready to go plant the squash and then start on the tomatoes. I started some basil inside and it is coming up. I think I will plant more Swiss chard out in the garden. I am not sure what else. I might go to the farmer's market Saturday with my company who will be here Friday.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 3-something. Finally got up at 4:15 made coffee, started a load of laundry. Got 13 chickens on ice yesterday and was tired. Thought exhaustion would make me sleep all night, but I woke up thinking about those durned chickens. I’m casting aside responsibility and going to my sister’s house today. My son is in right now and we are taking a day to go visit her. I got another bag of ice yesterday and covered them well, will drain this evening and ice them down again. I’ll finish them up tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since I found a fairly big catnip plant near the distant garden the other day, my herb tea is catnip this morning. Still new to me, I'm having an after breakfast cup to learn if I remember liking the flavor correctly. I do!

Dried. Emphasis on dried. It reminds me of the smell of a good alfalfa hay. (BTW, I have nibbled on fresh alfalfa now and then, walking through a field of it ;).) This brew has a certain mintiness, as one might expect. That is fine. I'm not the greatest fan of the mints but the profound difference between catnip fresh and dried makes me wonder about lemon balm. I had hopes for that one and a few tries, "Nah, not for me."

The lemon balm is in a very shaded location in the backyard. It's growing and Imma bout to cut and hang some up and learn something about it dried. Could be okay ;).

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm alive. I had terrible pain on Monday early am, Tuesday all night long and Wed all nite long. Right inbetween my breasts, underneath the bra line. Sooooooooo uncomfortable. Couldn't sleep. Afraid of heart attack woman symptoms. Radiated to my middle of my back. Scared to death.

So what do you do after it won't "go away on its own?"(cus I'm damn stubborn).

I went to Urgent care, which happens to be where my PA is too. Was the first one there at 9 a.m. He listened, then listened to my chest, lungs and tummy. Rather cursory actually. Typed alot. Sent me to phlebotomotist. I had been fasting on purpose.

Came home, read up on pancreatitis and other liver/stomach/pancreas symptoms where the extreme discomfort was. Took to ibuprofen, went to bed with a hot water bottle pressed up against my belly. Three hours later, felt alot better. Ate two soft boiled eggs and sipped two glasses of water.

Got the Quest lab results back early this a.m. As a novice, reading the report, I don't have pancreatitis due to the lipase value which was normal. Two other values were not normal. Pre diabetes marker and creatinine were off.

I have a normal Wellness exam, as ordered by Medicare, (previously scheduled) for Friday afternoon. Will discuss with PA then. Sucks getting older...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm alive. I had terrible pain on Monday early am, Tuesday all night long and Wed all nite long. Right inbetween my breasts, underneath the bra line. Sooooooooo uncomfortable. Couldn't sleep. Afraid of heart attack woman symptoms. Radiated to my middle of my back. Scared to death.

So what do you do after it won't "go away on its own?"(cus I'm damn stubborn).

I went to Urgent care, which happens to be where my PA is too. Was the first one there at 9 a.m. He listened, then listened to my chest, lungs and tummy. Rather cursory actually. Typed alot. Sent me to phlebotomotist. I had been fasting on purpose.

Came home, read up on pancreatitis and other liver/stomach/pancreas symptoms where the extreme discomfort was. Took to ibuprofen, went to bed with a hot water bottle pressed up against my belly. Three hours later, felt alot better. Ate two soft boiled eggs and sipped two glasses of water.

Got the Quest lab results back early this a.m. As a novice, reading the report, I don't have pancreatitis due to the lipase value which was normal. Two other values were not normal. Pre diabetes marker and creatinine were off.

I have a normal Wellness exam, as ordered by Medicare, (previously scheduled) for Friday afternoon. Will discuss with PA then. Sucks getting older...
I hope you find the answer. I think the spot you are saying is where chiropractors have worked on me and said I had a hiatal hernia. I was just falling apart about 3 years ago and I remember pain there several different times and 2 different chiropractors said the same it was a hiatal hernia. I forgot about it until reading this. I have not had any problems since then.

Latest posts