Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Twenty minutes from breakfast. Have the herbal tea brewing in the kettle.

Yesterday, I finished the composting-in-place with double digging where the garlic had grown. It should have been a day to get the water on the distant garden but I had early morning commitments. That also meant that it was dang hot when I was out with the shovel in the full sun to do the shoveling. DW put some bok choy in after there was a little shade on one side of the bed. The 8' fence on the other side of path will shade that bed all Winter and the sun is now trending South and more South ... Still, it was hot with a 94°f (34°C) high.

It will be hot today so an early start will be needed! Pancakes ... and, Patience. I have to keep everything on track so as to not increase the time it takes to "gear up" for the drive, harvesting a bunch of things, moving sprinklers,, and running the mower near the garden – late enuf that I don't wake the neighbors.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Mister showed up in the yard around 8 weeks old. Blinky was at the shelter and around 6 weeks. We brought him home and he met Mister and they were fine together and Blinky ran and ran all over the house the first day. He went all over the house and in every room. I have no idea why was running so much, but the next day he was tired and you would think he was born here. I put him in the litter box when we got home and he never made a mess in the house. . Your story of your cat is wonderful. I have not had a dog in years and when we do get another kitten, I might decide to get a puppy too. I have not made up my mind yet, but hopefully Blinky has years and years left. My aunt had a cat live to be 20.
Definitely get a puppy. The only cat training I had was with Eva. She closed her mouth on the neck of one of the cats in play and got a whipping.
Hasn't done this since, now 4yo. She and our bruiser 15 pound black male cat, "Nightshade" (REALLY, "Krazy Kat"), has a love-hate-chase relationship.
Krazy Kat will rub up on Eva, then walk inside and Eva will chase him like he's a rabbit.
All of the cats rub on Eva.
Many dog breeds will kill your cat if they are not raised/trained to live with cats.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Definitely get a puppy. The only cat training I had was with Eva. She closed her mouth on the neck of one of the cats in play and got a whipping.
Hasn't done this since, now 4yo. She and our bruiser 15 pound black male cat, "Nightshade" (REALLY, "Krazy Kat"), has a love-hate-chase relationship.
Krazy Kat will rub up on Eva, then walk inside and Eva will chase him like he's a rabbit.
All of the cats rub on Eva.
Many dog breeds will kill your cat if they are not raised/trained to live with cats.
I agree about the dogs and killing cats. We usually had a dog and several cats when I was growing up and the dogs had to be taught not to hurt the cats. I love dogs, but so expensive now.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had my coffee with collagen and cranberry walnut sourdough toast with peanut butter. Along with cottage cheese and watermelon. My usual breakfast.

Decided since I was too full to workout to go work in the garden instead. Working on a flower bed. Cleared out some Japanese anemone that were old and no longer doing so well. Moved calla lillies from elsewhere and planted them there. Removed a coral bell. Later in the evening when it's cool I'll move a plant forward and in it's place plant a David Austin rose from else where. Then I'll move another David Austin and put it where the other one was.

This year I planted the rose bush and had a blueberry in a pot where I planted 5 tomatoes last year. Going back to having that space planted with only 5 tomatoes the way I had it last year. Do you ever go back to how you had things? I do. If I move plants and they don't do as well as where they are I put them back where they initially were.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zcup.png

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had coffee this morning and I have been sewing and waiting for rain, but it just is not getting here.. Yesterday was crazy. Several fires around here and 1 across the river and is less than 2 miles from me. Planes all over the place and helicopters dropping water and flame retardant. They were flying right over my house and it was like a war zone. I tried to take pictures. I saw 4 right behind each other but only got 2 in the picture. The bigger planes I have one going one way and the other going the other direction one right after the other. DD's house was full of smoke. I think they have things under control today. The air has cleared up.
IMG_8705.JPG
IMG_8708.JPG
IMG_8709.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @LouisFerdinand ! It’s nice to have you join us.

Coffee is ready. Almost daylight, will get outside and let the Anatolians out, feed and water sheep and horse. Maybe I’ll bush hog that strip by the woods, it’s just a little bit. I walked it yesterday, tossing branched and chunks into the woods. By the time I did that, I was soaking wet, super hot, so I stopped to cool down. I want to get this done so I can drop the bush hog. Son wants to put hay spear on back of my little tractor to see if it can pick up a round bale. Church this morning so I gotta get a move on.

Latest posts