Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may miss my morning coffee because of an appointment immediately after a second breakfast ... you see how retired folks come to measure time, around important daily events :D.

Good Morning. Blueberry pancakes with melon for breakfast ... oolong tea. Melons, there is no getting around the round fruits ;). Every meal, unless you are wanting cucumber chips.

I may have to decide which are the new Brimos Galia just on the basis of size. Found one plant marker yesterday but it was for Passport. Osborne Seed lists Brimos as significantly smaller fruit and that size difference has certainly been noticed. I gotta do better but will try to evaluate production and flavor and see if I can sort thru the vines for something more definitive -- like a marker!

So many Bloody Butchers and cherries coming off the tomato plants right now. Up early today but I have that AM meeting. Better dedicate tomorrow morning to a determined effort in pasta sauce production. It will be a hot weekend but there's a need for processing!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good morning everyone!
Yup I also am going to be taking it easy today seeing how this weekend it's going to be very very busy for me and FH. We're going to do some yardwork and other outside work that needs to be done before this weekend. The umbrella along with the base for the table is going to be here on Saturday then the HUGE (10x30) party tent is going to be here sometime during the week just in time for the party we're hosting next Saturday. The following is what's on the menu SO FAR; RIBS, SMOKED Meat Loaf, Smoked Chicken, SMOKED Bacon Wrapped Boston Butt Bites, SMOKED Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Bites, Boston Butt, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Smokes Sausage, HOMEMADE Mac & Cheese, SMOKED "Apple Pie" Baked Beans, Pasta Salad, Green Bean casserole, Mac Salad. A couple of the dishes is what ppl are bringing but will probably end up with more stuff too.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today is a hard-working day again, as I want to finish another new flower bed before the heavy rain tomorrow, which is helpful for the newly-transplanted ones. Before the field work, I enjoyed good coffee with a bit of Baileys Irish Cream.

I read a little bit of this novel, just a little bit.
9953.jpg

Because....I want to read this book about perennial garden even more. :D Anyway, two hours of reading and coffee is very satisfying.
9951.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, on my second cup. Another 103F day and several more coming, followed by a cool break of high 90’s then back to triple digits. I have no ambition today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
self-indulgent?
Wheaties with sliced banana, peach and raisins. You can imagine, there isn't much room for the Wheaties in the bowl. Gee, I may have some melon or, otherwise, this will be the first meal in about a week when I haven't ! So what's the deal with 🍌 and 🍑? Habits.

I can't hardly imagine how we have melons this early. Earliest tomatoes are in good supply but melons and tomatoes neck and neck?

Something of a busy day with processing some of those tomatoes, coming up.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!
Yesterdays projects either finished or in progress. Yes, that's FH standing by the pool with his back to me (the lady in the pool is on of my bridesmaids a friend of ours, the wood floor for the outside cooking station in the works (ran out of deck boards yesterday), fire wood holders built and wood stacked. Also got a couple of the pine trees in front of the house limbed so NO SQUIRRELS will be jumping onto the roof from the trees anymore. Very productive day if I may say so

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_145851.jpg
    IMG_20230812_145851.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20230812_185347.jpg
    IMG_20230812_185347.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230812_191131_01.jpg
    20230812_191131_01.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts