Coffee

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A new week and new month!

Honey and milk loaf with adzuki beans, so good!
12920.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adzuki Beans!?

🤔

Does that add to the sweetness? It is disappointing to me that I cannot grow adzuki - I guess. My one try, the plants looked okay but the seeds never fully developed.

digitS' , who will have homemade bread with cooked squash for lunch ... if they rise by the time to be baked.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Adzuki Beans!?

🤔

Does that add to the sweetness?

they are more like lentils than sweet. to me that addition would make the bread a more complete meal with more staying power.

It is disappointing to me that I cannot grow adzuki - I guess. My one try, the plants looked okay but the seeds never fully developed.

they would not like cool nights. i can grow them here. critters really like eating them.

digitS' , who will have homemade bread with cooked squash for lunch ... if they rise by the time to be baked.

i hope it turns out well. what kind of bread is it?

some of the squash has already been eaten here but i have a nice pile of small hubbards to give away. i think my brother may take some of them. i'm not sure my nephew likes squash...

:) Mom will be making some blueberry cornbread muffins today or tomorrow morning.

i'm procrastinatiing for a few more minutes before heading outside.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Adzuki Beans!?

🤔

Does that add to the sweetness? It is disappointing to me that I cannot grow adzuki - I guess. My one try, the plants looked okay but the seeds never fully developed.

Yes, I usually cook a larger portion. After they turn soft, I add muscovado sugar and let them sit in the fridge overnight. Then, they are ready for use.

I usually keep only one small portion, and store the rest in the freezer.

**We only eat Adzuki beans sweet, never in savory dishes.

**I also had no luck until today for growing my own adzuki, Steve, how about we try again together next growing season?
12698.jpg

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
08328414a194b02237b8f640314271e1.jpg

Coffee is on so fix a a cup or a glass of Iced coffee and let's sit on the patio in the 59 morning air. It's too early to fix FH lunch so here I sit in front of the :caf enjoying and sipping on my first cup of ☕ while doing my morning check up of the news. Hope that I only have a few more nights of my sleep being off because I'm so over it being a mess!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Going to the feed store, 1 hour away this morning. Carson gets to ride and he loves the feed store. He always gets a dog biscuit and lots of attention. I checked tires and aired them up yesterday, one has a slow leak. It’s been plugged twice, I need to go back and get them to fix it again.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!!!
Coffee pot is all set for y'all to have a cup or glass of HOMEMADE Iced coffee. I've been up for almost 1 1/2 hours now seeing how I'm worried about FH who got called into work last night to go sweeping and I haven't heard from him since which isn't like him at all. Our dinner last night was dry rubbed GRILLED pork chops with STEAMED Asparagus and baby carrots. Tonight's dinner is going to be kielbasa (which I will cut into thin rounds and fry until they get golden brown) mixed with Angel Hair pasta (trying to use up what pasta we have in pantry), broccoli florets, and white cheese sauce.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, being lazy and got another cup. Got a little rain shower last night, another one a little while ago and a storm that will come through tonight. Today looks like a good day to take truck to town and get my leaky tire fixed. It’s been plugged twice, it slowly leaks, tired of fooling with it. Not ready for new tires, or the big bill that comes with them.

Latest posts