Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Laundry day. Lawn mowing day. Trash outta the House day.

It looks (to me ;)) that DW had a good report on a recent medical test. These things are never end ... I've been delaying a trip to the dentist for a number of reasons. New hearing aids gives me one less excuse to be not making that appointment.

Tomorrow, harvest trip and mowing trip to the distant garden. I may see about tilling a part of the garden, after I take the pumpkins 🎃 off of it.

It's time also for me to be checking mileage on vehicles and see if they need lube jobs and me crawling around beneath them. Driving the pickup so seldom these days, I'm barely able to blow the dust off of it and should be able to make it through the Winter 🤞. Laundry to hang out! Herbal tea is ready and a second breakfast when I come back in!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Laundry day. Lawn mowing day. Trash outta the House day.

It looks (to me ;)) that DW had a good report on a recent medical test. These things are never end ... I've been delaying a trip to the dentist for a number of reasons. New hearing aids gives me one less excuse to be not making that appointment.

so glad to hear you are doing well there, i also hope the new hearing aids are good to you. :)

i read all that you and others do and am envious. i'm firing on about half to 1/3 energy here in recent weeks. this morning i got up and had a cup of hot chocolate and Mom said i should do that every day because i not only mowed but i also worked on a project for her shortly after that and i reminded her that i did come in and take a break for a while before starting that next project. and then this afternoon i also took some pictures which i've not felt like doing for quite some time now. so all told a productive day, but i'm still pretty tired out because of the heat/humidity/mowing... that's now coming to an end, four days of cooler and potentially wet weather, oh now they're changing the forecast so perhaps Friday i can get outside and 66F and sunny sounds nice. i can really deal with that instead of rain.

i really should not be grumbling, it was a nice day here other than being a bit hot and humid. i survived and got over it. :)

after some bits of rain here or there next week looks pretty good. cool and no rain. i can get a lot done on those days.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fen was sweet waking me this morn. TheMan is doing amazing after his hip. replacement, healing much faster than I did. Day of nothing, this morning. Just try to feed chicks and rabbits later then recover from yesterday’s excursion. My Anatolian pup should be born in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to him! Fen will probably enjoy him too. It would be funny if he was born on Fen’s birthday! The 19th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fen was sweet waking me this morn. TheMan is doing amazing after his hip. replacement, healing much faster than I did.

i hope that continues to go well! :) it can be such a wonderful change to be without pain all the time.

Day of nothing, this morning. Just try to feed chicks and rabbits later then recover from yesterday’s excursion. My Anatolian pup should be born in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to him! Fen will probably enjoy him too. It would be funny if he was born on Fen’s birthday! The 19th

it is raining here so i also get today to putter around inside. my body is telling me that too much sitting or standing is not a good idea so i'll also take it easy. maybe it will be a good day to run errands.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thursday-happy-friday-eve.gif

GOOD MORNING!!! It's all by the coffee pot (including tea bags and Hot Cocoa packets) so brew a cup or make a glass of Iced Coffee. I apologize for not posting sooner I laid on the couch after FH left for work to relax my back and neck (helped a little) and fell back to sleep. It's 60 and foggy (slowly lifting though) here this morning.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231005_061820_Chrome.jpg Have to be quiet, DW up early but asleep on the couch ... ;)

Breakfast rice chex, with raisins and sliced banana, Mandarin orange and Crenshaw melon on the side. Messed with the thought bubble so long my oolong is getting cold :D!

@Alasgun says that his location is losing 6 minutes per day. Here, it is 4 minutes. Think of that. He will lose an hour of daylight in 10 days. At this latitude, it will be 15. @baymule can check the sun at timeanddate dot com. Or, I can ... And, you can check your locations. Be prepared :). (Folks in US, were you ready for that FEMA text alert, yesterday? )

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... Be prepared :). (Folks in US, we're you ready for that FEMA text alert, yesterday? )

i have all the alerts off on the cell phone so yes, i was ready. i'd rather be surprised than interrupted. just me. later on i did check to make sure i did get it. yes, we're alerted! plugged into the 20th century at last. which is not really true as Dad had a mobile phone even back in the 70s for work. it was a big clunky thing but it did work. Motorola. just that the rest of us never touched it.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i read all that you and others do and am envious. i'm firing on about half to 1/3 energy here in recent weeks. so all told a productive day, but i'm still pretty tired out because of the heat/humidity/mowing...
I too experienced a string of slow-moving days, which I put down to exhaustion after a full summer of gardening in the heat. We garden enthusiasts keep up a rather intense work schedule from dawn 'til dusk for many months, so it is no wonder that our tired bodies wind down towards the end of the season. The shorter, cooler days of autumn have been such a refreshing change. ;)

Latest posts